Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to compare colors?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to compare colors?

My client would like to know how to compare colors. For example if there are two blocks are they same color. Or if there are many blocks are they same color and are the same colored touching each other:
    nimetön24.png

She knows that she should use groups but other than that she's not sure how to compare colors.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My client was reading other threads and this thread was in the suggestions: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/89119-Game-Help-Falling-Block-Puzzle-with-Drag-Line-Selection-Controls

We thought that it's ok if we copy the message because we can't comment that thread because it's in a different section. My client has some questions about it. This is what FerreTrip had written about it:
    "Okay, here's a question for you all. I want to make a game involving falling blocks, each of which has four differently-colored sides. The goal of the player is to find places where three blocks with touching colors and then click on one, drag over each block in the line, and upon release, make them disappear and score. (The colors do not have to be the same in the line--for example, there are three blocks, each half red and half blue, with the first and second touching blue sides, but the second and third touch red sides, and this can be cleared.)

The different-colored-sides-per-block thing is going to be hard enough, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make the selection thing work. There's click, and there's drag-n-drop, but what about an event happening while you're holding down the mouse button and you pass it over an object? Basically, when the user is drawing, something happens to specific objects that the line passes over.

(Also, if someone could help me figure out a way for blocks to fall and land totally on edge to a sprite instead of going partially into it? I've been using vector movement, but I'm pretty sure by now that's not good.)

I mean, I tried just making the blocks, then having them light up when I rollover, but I can't even get them to change to a certain animation when I click them. Could someone help me, please?"

My client would like to know what kind of game FerreTrip was making. She knows it has something to do with colors but doesn't understand anything else about it.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean comparing colors in general or comparing the colors of neighboring blocks?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProdigyX View Post
    Do you mean comparing colors in general or comparing the colors of neighboring blocks?
    Both ways. And this is what we wrote in the first message:
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryblossom View Post
    My client would like to know how to compare colors. For example if there are two blocks are they same color. Or if there are many blocks are they same color and are the same colored touching each other:
    nimetön24.png

She knows that she should use groups but other than that she's not sure how to compare colors.
    My client would also like to know what was the FerreTrips game idea?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its best to compare the different colored objects by alterable value or animation value rather then the color itself.

I have created an example for you that you can take a look at. Probably not the best way of doing it but it seems to work.
    Attached files Attached files

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My client can't open the file because she has the free version. She's missing for example the array.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry, I thought the Array object was available in the Free version since its a standard Clickteam object. To do this without the Array object the way I did it in my example will be very difficult.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Decal View Post
    I'm sorry, I thought the Array object was available in the Free version since its a standard Clickteam object. To do this without the Array object the way I did it in my example will be very difficult.
    This is what it says in this thread: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/92265-HTML5-Free-version-Limitations
    "- the number of object types in this version is limited to the list of extensions above
    - you cannot install other type of objects with the extension manager"

Here is a picture about it:
    nimetön30.png

My client would like to know about this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Decal View Post
    I think its best to compare the different colored objects by alterable value or animation value rather then the color itself.
    She would like to know where she could find information about this subject.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think comparing it by animation he means for example:

you have two active objects on the frame, you add now lets say 4 animation frames with different color to each active;

animation frame1 - color: red
    animation frame2 - color: blue
    animation frame3 - color: green
    animation frame4 - color: yellow

than you can simple let fusion compare the frames, for example

your active1 shows frame1
    your active2 shows frame1

than you know the color match, because frame 1 equals color red on both,
    and if the frames of your actives are different than you know the color is different and does not match.

So you compare the colors not directly by the color, instead you compare the animation and get the color comparison that way.
    You can do the same with variables .....

I have explaind it very basic, i hope you understand what i mean (or Decal means ^^) now.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    I think comparing it by animation he means for example:

you have two active objects on the frame, you add now lets say 4 animation frames with different color to each active;

animation frame1 - color: red
    animation frame2 - color: blue
    animation frame3 - color: green
    animation frame4 - color: yellow

than you can simple let fusion compare the frames, for example

your active1 shows frame1
    your active2 shows frame1

than you know the color match, because frame 1 equals color red on both,
    and if the frames of your actives are different than you know the color is different and does not match.

So you compare the colors not directly by the color, instead you compare the animation and get the color comparison that way.
    You can do the same with variables .....

I have explaind it very basic, i hope you understand what i mean (or Decal means ^^) now.
    My client knows that that would be easy to do with separate actives but she would like to use dublicates. She already knows how to get different dublicates to show different animation frame:
    https://imgur.com/zJkcq5p

She also knows that it would be simpliest to do it like this:
    https://imgur.com/zV8sIC3

But my client would also like to know how to do it like this:
    https://imgur.com/b5g5TZ7

So how to get a certain dublicate to show a certain frame? She means a dublicate that has a certain number.
    My client would also like to know what Decal meant with that a color would be an alterable value.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast