User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tower Defence - Unit Tower Help

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tower Defence - Unit Tower Help

Currently working on a tower defence game as a school project but i am stuck on creating a tower that produces units that essentially stall waves and i don't know how to make it so this tower spawns the units in and to make them fight enemy units.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not a lot of information to go with.

What's the nature of the problem? What have you tried?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The nature of the problem is that i don't know how to really make it

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out youtube and search for clickteam tower defense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wererabbit View Post
    Check out youtube and search for clickteam tower defense.
    I can't find a tutorial on youtube for a tower that produces units

Clicker Fusion 2.5iOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We would need more information such as how your tower would produce the units, ie that they come out of it when you click on it, or on a timer, etc. If you already have pathfinding set up for units you could just create them at the location of the tower and make them visible once they stop ovrelapping the tower active.

I have a Fieldrunners-type tower defence example here: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/91019-Tower-Defence-Kit-ALL-PLATFORMS if you want to check that out.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tower Defence - Unit Tower Help

Just a thought -- you could experiment with the tower shooting out units similar to a player character firing a gun. Set the unit speed to low and then dictate how you want the units to interact with whatever they come into contact.

Here's a bunch of videos that will help you with ideas. https://m.youtube.com/results?q=clic...20defense&sm=1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its designed to summon the units as the way it would spawn them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus i've got the other towers working, it's just the "barracks" tower i'm having trouble figuring out how to program it to spawn the units onto the pathways and start a conflict with enemy units that go into contact (I have a basic idea on how it would start with any sort of collision between characters have advancing units stop)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only issue with the other towers is that they are both placed on the same tile instead of just having one or the other. I'll post screenshots to so you can help me try to find the problem and try to fix it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast