User Tag List

Thread: Platform Movement object - Not compatible to newest 2.5 revision?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Platform Movement object - Not compatible to newest 2.5 revision?

Hi!

I just downloaded ClickTeam Fusion 2.5 and installed the newest updates it offered to me (Build R285.8) (Unicode). I am totally new to ClickTeam Fusion so I don't know if I do something wrong but when I am going to install "Platform movement object" via Extension manager it just says that "This extension is not compatible with your version of the product, you have to upgrade if you want to use this extension."

Is that extension valid and used at all anymore for making platformers? Is there any good alternatives which will work with current version or should I just start making my platformer game with different app instead?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may need to reinstall the PMO, I haven't had a problem yet I have had extensions need a reinstall from time to time.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for reply. Well I cannot do that since I cannot install it at all and that is the issue. When I try to install it, it just fails with that error. Also I have not installed older versions since I yesterday installed ClickTeam Fusion first time on my machine.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the PMO object is not compatible with the free version only on the full version.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... you have to upgrade if you want to use this extension.

The upgrade hint doesn't mean that there is something wrong with PMO extension/outdated extension - it's not available for Free Edition users.
    You need Fusion 2.5 Standard or Developer.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh crap :/ So I just have to buy a full version just to test if that works at all? Sound quite risky. Is there any "money back guarantee" in case that plugin does not still work? :/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If it helps I can say that the Platform Movement Object is commonly used and a preference for a lot of users. You can make your own movements with events too, though I am not sure if the Free version puts limits on that. Anyway I think in general Fusion happens to excel really well when it comes to 2d platformers.