[PAID] Looking for artist for some sprite work

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • Hi all,

As some of you may know, I am making a small space invader game and so far its looking great. However, I suck at artwork and so I am looking for alien space ship sprites, player sprite, and just general all round artwork. Pay rates are negotiable but be aware I am not looking for HD ultra graphics, its a small space invader style game that will eventually be for free so the sprites will be simple (32 x 32 for enemies, 80 x 32 for UFOs, 150 x 150 for bosses etc).

Regards,

Robin

Edited once, last by RobinMitchell (October 24, 2017 at 3:08 PM).

• Maybe you can find your want here :
    Please login to see this link.

if your game is free, don't spend money Robin ;)

Hi,

Thanks for the link. I am happy to pay for something that is for free because I care about this project and would pay to make it look good. I spend a ton of money on sound effects, music editing software etc so I am happy to pay someone to make some sprites :D (plus, this is a hobby and my day job pays enough!)

All the best,
    Robin

• Again, go on commercial assets and free asset ! you have not a decent budget Robin !

This is the only way with such low budget !

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Please login to see this link.

Edited once, last by arthurh (November 1, 2017 at 8:04 AM).

• you are not correct Robin ! I said to you by PM : 2 ships per hour. After that, you have : backgrounds, UI, player, frame of start of game with title, frame of the end. 16 hours of work (2 days). And this time is under the reality : i don't count the 2-3 days of research for all the ships/boss (10 ships, 10 boss, some backgrounds, the title, the player...).

This was not "one space ship taking 3 days"... But i knew that drawing is not a job for a lot of people ! Drawing is funny ! :(

• I think you don't understand that create sprite is hard and take time. Even if it is a 32x32 ! :D
    Take free item, modify them to change their look and see how many time you spent. You will have a good idea of the difficulty. And keep in mind that sprite is not putting some pixel here or here. This is an art. There are plenty of hours of hard work to make a cool stuff for little sprite (like 32x32)...

So ok, i finish this answer and hope that you will find all you want for your game :)

Edit :
    here is some old discussion (2013 and 2016) about hourly rate for sprite artist :

Edited 2 times, last by arthurh (November 1, 2017 at 4:08 PM).

• thats sum interesting links arthurh :)

sumtimes it can take me 2 hours to finish just one single 128x128 frame and sumtimes it can take 10 minutes, and in my worst case EVER it took me 4 MONTHS to a particular frame looking just right XD but i'm not an amazing artist (like arturh lol) but i usually get there in the end. guess it also depends on the skill of the artist as its not guaranteed that u can constantly perform at a consistent pace, not all artists r created equal lol. a single frame or animation sequence might just not go right and it takes u ages to fix.

maybe u cud also look around on deviant art, as u get lot of great pixel artists on there as well.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!