User Tag List

Thread: Control X extension, problem with a key being stuck, Tips

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Control X extension, problem with a key being stuck, Tips

Hi,

I m having game using multipleframes, frame=map/s. If I move from one frame to another, holding some direction input, Control X sometimes behave as key is being pressed on the next map and character runs without any input, I have hands away from keyboard and it works on its own as if "Key is being pressed"

I am not pressing/holding anything. Simulate keys up, reset last keys pressed up, etc. didn't fix anything. Tried x options, nothing worked.

It doesn't happen everytime, but there is solid % chance it will happen. I can't fix this. Any experience or tips for this ??

I tested condition ' Repat while pressing key " on next frame, when bug occured. And it returned as active without any input. Seems Control X doesn't reset properly with each frame. And input get stucks (condition Repat while pressing key X is always TRUE without pressing the key). Control X has Create at start checked. I tried to add create before in-fade option, no impact.

Now I start to name my build desperation.exe

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think only solution to fix this is to use default CTF if key is pressed condition, that is working as required. And use this to simulate control x instead of control x key as condition. I will def. look into this tomorrow. o_O when I will break this bug, I ll be happy.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am fairly sure you have to reset keypresses start of frame on the next frame. i have come across it before and solved that.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, no. I tried everything. It always hops in this random glitch really randomyl. So far I disabled Left and Right input on CONTROL x, and I replaced it with Clickteam fusion is pressed action. That seems to work, and it does not run automatically anymore.

Problem is I have to write "all possible" custom-keybinding configurations for left and right keys manually. since controls x no longer reads its string as input.

---------------- like : and that will be ton of lines
    if string RIGHT=Right
    uponpressing key(CTF)=Right
    move right

if string RIGHT=D
    upon pressing key(CTF)=D
    move right

if string RIGHT=
    uponpressing key(CTF)=Right
    move right

if string RIGHT=A
    upon pressing key(CTF)=A
    move right
    ----------------

it will be a bit of pain to setup all keys, but thats the only way.

O_O complicated but nothing ever worked, control x input got randomly stuck as being pressed all the time.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just some completely untested ideas,
    since you're on desperation.exe build, you should have nothing to lose

1) have you tried destroying and recreating ControlX object, i.e. at start of buggy frame or end or working frame?
    (low chances it would make any difference but who knows..)

2) have you tried using "Keyboard object" extension?
    It has similar functions as ControlX, and was made by James (among other things, one of the lead programmers for Fusion3)
    I've not used much this one, but his other extensions are generally no-frills and solid (the way I like it )

3) I don't know what you exactly need to do so this suggestion might be off, but do you really need any of those extensions?
    Using Fusion builtin key bindings can give nice results, unless you need more than 4 action buttons, or (likely?) a custom "customize keys" screen,
    which should be probably hard-coded for all keys (but just once, so might be worth considering anyway...).

On a side note regarding last paragraph, this might be a feature suggestion for the bugbox,
    being able to feed a key by expression to the builtin "set key" action might be quite useful to empower "fire pressed" actions.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fixed my issue with additional 100 I used default CTF key presses, however I had to add extra condition for each LEFT/RIGHT key (numeric, alphabetical, home,pgup, etc.).
    --- @ schrodinger
    1) I tried that and other 101ways, trials and errors and such
    2) Never heard of it, now I would look into that. But as I wrote problem solved and I kept custom-key binding. However I use 100lines for LEFT/RIGHT instead of 4
    3) I built whole project on control x, bit late now to redothings. Gamepads works fine with it (they simulate keyboard keys), now when I redid keyboard it works with it as well.

Seems I am some exception where more events triggered controls x not to release key (not code-bug). If someone else had this, then it would be for bug-box.
    ----
    Anyway I hardcoded the problem out, so I can finally return to normal build.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry if this is super late, but I once ran into an issue where touch input from a previous frame would register at the start of the next frame. The way I solved it was to set a Flag ON at the start of each frame and only turn the Flag OFF when no input was detected. Then add a check to each input event line seeing if the Flag is OFF. Similarly, you could also put all your input in a disabled group at start of frame and enable it when the Flag is OFF.

It might do nothing since this could just be an issue with ControlX, but it gives you a moment at the start of frame to try an input reset.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to have set value to 0 on always (upper line), below I had if input is pressed set value 2, and I had this as additional condition to movement (eg, if value=2) then move.
    But this didnt work, value was always 2 even without any input (controlx's input stucked). Seems its more controlx glitch. Default CTF movement for left/right fixed this. I use control X for all other keys. Its still the same basically, I just removed keybinded control x, so I have ton of lines now. but it works.

always / had start too
    set value 0

if CTF key is pressed (line for each key)
    if String = same as CTF key pressed
    set value 2 or 3.

if value N= 2 or 3
    2 move right.
    3 move left