User Tag List

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Fusion 2.5 Microstuttering (moved from Fusion 3 status thread)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone explain to me why changing the Window's Theme wouldn't be relevant to the issue? I feel like since mentioning it, there hasn't been anyone who found interest in that observation I made.
    If changing my theme to Windows Classic removes the stuttering, wouldn't that be an important indication as to what might be causing it? So far, no one else has tried to validate this observation on their end. It makes me feel a bit frustrated.
    Also, If others aren't experiencing any stuttering, perhaps they should check their theme and use a custom one that might be more demanding? I also have another monitor hooked up to my laptop, so perhaps that adds to the Theme processing. Perhaps those who aren't experiencing the stuttering could hook a monitor or two and use a custom theme to see if it introduces stuttering. Maybe even place some documents on each screen to ensure there is processing going on each monitor.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    sorry dude, i did try again but still cudnt figure out how to set windows 10 to classic

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Prominent: Just recoreded Vol's mictrosttuer example on classic theme. Makes absolutely no difference.

The windows theme used may affect performance in games that run windowed fullscreen, but I doubt it should affect setups that are on real fullscreen, as windows (in theory) should not be involved there in handling the display output. As I mentioned in an earlier post: Using windowed vs real fullscreen makes no difference on my machine, when it comes to the recorded frametimes. However, real fullscreen somehow feels a lot better.

@Shin: Get it from there and copy it to "C:\Windows\Resources\Ease of Access Themes". Then you can select it next to the other default skins. Pretty nice theme, actually. Think I'll keep it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    cheers julian

& no, it made no difference, the microstutter is still there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Julian82, Do you have a second or third monitor hooked up?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prominent View Post
    Julian82, Do you have a second or third monitor hooked up?
    Nope, I'm on a laptop, but would be interesting to test this for sure!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently, windows 8 and 10 don't support the true Classic themes which would strip all the graphical elements and effects. So that theme you are using on windows 8 still utilizes graphical elements to render all the ui as far as I know.
    So it may not be possible for windows 8 and 10 users to truly test it, unless you find a way to not render all the graphical elements and effects.

I tested it again, and without the graphical elements and effects, it is a lot smoother. I'm also not sure, but maybe every once in a while I get a skipped frame, but it is difficult to spot. With graphical elements and effects enabled, it is not smooth at all.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Prominent: Would be super useful if you could install the setup I outlined up there and run a benchmark on your system. I think we've to look at the numbers, the subjective experience is not useful to track down this issue.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wanted to know how other engines do and recoreded a new GM game currently in development, that I had supported on Kickstarter.
    It shows no stuttering at all, really precise frame-times, even better than Axiom Verge.

I also wanted to record a C2 Game, but unfortunately FRAPS does not seem to recognize it.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pics not displayed for me ;( I use picload too, but an error is shown. Anyway, good you've set up the testing stuff too now I'll have to get some hours of sleep now. Long daytime-job day ahead of me tomorrow

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast