User Tag List

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Fusion 2.5 Microstuttering (moved from Fusion 3 status thread)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Simon, I tried linking some pics I uploaded to an image host, but they were broken- julian was just replying to me saying they were broken. I had to use imgur instead. (someone deleted my post with the broken images)

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ah great, thanks for clearing that up - just wanted to be sure there was nothing I needed to fix.

Clicker Fusion 2.5iOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still very much there in Simon's shader example, not so much at slower speeds but more visible setting the multiplier or global value higher.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found vsync helped, but I may not have the magic eye 😜

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @elvisish : Fortunately you don't need a magic eye, I've provided a free and reliable method to measure it on your system some pages before. Until now, nobody was able to provide proof that Fusion is able to produce a constant non-stuttering output in terms of measured frametimes, while other engines do the job a lot better on the same systems.

I'm actually not really disturbed by it too and I only see it when I really concetrate on the textures, but anyway, some players are very sensitive to it and can't stand games that show it, and the number of those sadly is not low.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fingers crossed this gets fixed within a few months!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry if this has been posted before but I was trying to measure the stutter myself. I think this might be related to the stuttering. There seems to be some funky Fusion 2.5 thing happening (at least on my end).

I'm moving a character across the screen in 8 directions (not using built-in movements). I've centered a cross hair on the screen so that you guys can see that the caracter's sprite / image warps when he crosses the center of the x, y lines. So basically the image warps as you cross the center of the screen at x or y. Keep you eyes on the sprite. It's faint but very noticeable. V-sync is on. **NOTE don't cross directly on the cross hair lines. They are there just so you can see better where to look. Circle around the cross hair. See if you guys have the same effect I'm having.

Fusion microstuttering test.jpg

Here's the MFA:
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That warping issue is the main issue I have.. the sprite warps when moving diagonal while the screen is scrolling..

I tried to record it but it doesn't capture the warp, but on an upscaled low res game it is clear as day.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    That warping issue is the main issue I have.. the sprite warps when moving diagonal while the screen is scrolling..

I tried to record it but it doesn't capture the warp, but on an upscaled low res game it is clear as day.
    You don't even need to be moving diagonally to see it. You can simply move across in a square motion and see it even better.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should add

*checking 'anti-aliasing when resizing' seem to fix the image warping in the example I provided. Then you wouldn't get that hard pixel look most pixel guys are after. Personally I like the anti-aliasing effect. Feels true to the older monitors. Especially if you add a scan line filter.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast