User Tag List

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Fusion 2.5 Microstuttering (moved from Fusion 3 status thread)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Julian82 : You need to put it to "00" to see how it runs without any busy loop. 99 will just make it not sleep at all, which is very CPU intensive. I think we're mostly curious how lenient your system is when using a sleep margin of "00", "05", "10", so we can see what a good value is.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, ok, so I did not grasp it, foolish me. I'll do what you said and report

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mathias : recorded different setups again. I'll just describe the results as posting all these graphs would make the thread explode.
    System: Win 8.1, aged I7 Quad core (2013) @ 2,2 GHZ, 8GB ram, GeForce GT 740m

Tested Flynn with different sleep margins again.
    Tests on power safe mode: 00, 05 and 10 (all bad baselines, stuttering in game very noticeable), 99 very good
    Tests on max CPU power: 00 (nearly crash on start screen, game good with some little hangs); 05 (like 00, but no problem on start screen); 10 and 99 (very good)

This may suggest (at least for my setup) that a sleep margin of 10 ms is probably a good way to go.
    Setting a high value of 99ms on power safe mode successfully disabled underclocking of my CPU resulting in a good performance, while the standard of 10ms had bad results with power safe enabled.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw, here is the Iconoclasts record you were interested in.

Runs smooth as silk, even in power safe mode (no difference). I know this will be my game of the year, and saying this in January is pretty risky

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure you guys have heard or played the game Oniken? It's made by JoyMasher who also made Odallus The Dark Call. Both those games are made in Fusion. They added stuff to Oniken (screen filters and graphical updates) since it was first released. I was playing Oniken just yesterday and noticed EPIC STUTTERING when I switch on V-sync! The stuttering seems to go away when i turn of v-sync but then i get ugly screen tearing...

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Edel : look at page 11 of this thread, I had posted the Oniken record there, runs horrible on my system too TBH

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Julian82 : Perfect! Then I'd say that a sleep margin of 10ms is a fairly good value (it's what we use for Iconoclasts).
    I'll see about updating some of my previous ports (e.g. Freedom Planet) to do this, since it seems to be doing so much better.
    The maintainer of the Windows Fusion runtime could definitely incorporate this, based on the sample code I posted before

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be epic if we could get a fix for this soon. Wouldn't mind all that stuttering gone for DISTRAINT 2, hehe.
    Could someone from CT step in and comment? Maybe Julian and Mathias are onto something and it could be fixed within Fusion?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J3sseM View Post
    Would be epic if we could get a fix for this soon. Wouldn't mind all that stuttering gone for DISTRAINT 2, hehe.
    Could someone from CT step in and comment? Maybe Julian and Mathias are onto something and it could be fixed within Fusion?
    I think looking at the community hours we already invested CT stepping in at this point and providing some confirmation that this will be worked on is more than pending. I also updated the bugbox issue on this. The bugbox issue still has normal priority, although this is one of the most frequently visited threads in this forums next to F3.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stuttering problem is not only on the windows runtime like everybodys talking here, i have the same issue on Html5, also Firefly has the issue very bad. Its exactly the same kind of stuttering. On Android i havent noticed any stuttering its very smooth and the other exporters ios mac flash uwp i have never really used so i dont know.

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast