User Tag List

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Fusion 2.5 Microstuttering (moved from Fusion 3 status thread)

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad people are talking about this. I used to call it 'ticking'. The microstuttering is even more prevalent if you use the built-in movements. Regardless of fullscreen or windowed, the game will stutter randomly using those movements. It's some wacky thing going on inside Fusion 2.5.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've downloaded multiple examples and I'm not sure I see it. I'm usually very sensitive to the tiniest of changes and have had my share of odd fusion issues, but this just seems odd to me.

The only time I ever get any sort of stuttering that isn't performance based is when my window lines up in a spot on the screen in which the refresh rate of the screen clashes with. The only other time is when the camera isn't properly locked to a moving object which is user error and not an issue within fusion itself.

I primarily code platformers and have not once noticed this issue at any rate of speed.

Has anyone tested this on a CRT?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm happy for this conversation to continue but dude, likening it to the scandals - seriously? Even if it's meant as a joke c'mon!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IM only saying i saw in your example. ive not noticed in my projects; im Def NOT onboard with you mr V

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally can't see what could possibly be construed as offensive in that joke. It was very obviously meant as a silly hyperbolic joke not to be taken seriously, as chalk-and-cheese comparisons almost always are. I certainly intended no offence.

Besides, the comparison was 0% about the nature or severity of the scandals themselves and 100% about the accompanying phenomenon of many people coming out all at once about something they'd been quiet about for years. If I'd called the recent microstuttering comments a "deluge of revelations" or a "tsunami of responses", would it be fair to accuse me of being insensitive to natural disaster victims? Surely not.

Anyway, it's an interesting question about CRTs. Are you able to test on a laptop or other screen, Gamester? I would have thought that CRTs get the problem too. At the very least, one of the root causes of microstuttering is fixed refresh rates, which I believe is something we inherited from CRTs. They can make variable refresh LED screens now, but I don't think that's possible with CRTs. However, I think maybe some CRTs have a higher refresh rate than 60, which would probably mitigate microstuttering somewhat?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm not talking about the severity of the scandal, I'm talking about the unnecessary mentioning of that on a forum which is in use by kids 6 and up and also in schools - it was inappropriate in a way that mentioning a tsunami wouldn't be.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just added my +1 on bugbox (http://bugbox.clickteam.com/issues/4138), quite important issue for me

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also AYE, down with the microstutter. I've noticed it as well. I normally make very low rez projects with subpixel movements, though, so that could be part of it, but I do reckon fusion isn't as smooth as certain emulators and certain other engines. I still

Clicker

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    I personally can't see what could possibly be construed as offensive in that joke. It was very obviously meant as a silly hyperbolic joke not to be taken seriously, as chalk-and-cheese comparisons almost always are. I certainly intended no offence.

Besides, the comparison was 0% about the nature or severity of the scandals themselves and 100% about the accompanying phenomenon of many people coming out all at once about something they'd been quiet about for years. If I'd called the recent microstuttering comments a "deluge of revelations" or a "tsunami of responses", would it be fair to accuse me of being insensitive to natural disaster victims? Surely not.

Anyway, it's an interesting question about CRTs. Are you able to test on a laptop or other screen, Gamester? I would have thought that CRTs get the problem too. At the very least, one of the root causes of microstuttering is fixed refresh rates, which I believe is something we inherited from CRTs. They can make variable refresh LED screens now, but I don't think that's possible with CRTs. However, I think maybe some CRTs have a higher refresh rate than 60, which would probably mitigate microstuttering somewhat?
    I may be able to test on a 31khz (640x480 @ 60hz) monitor, but not right this minute because hooking my PC up to it may be a pain and I may not have the correct cables.

@Faber
    I looked at your bugbox report and downloaded your MKV and your MFA. In the MKV I can see the microstuttering. In the MFA I cannot see it when I run it on my computer. IF I leave the debugger opened sometimes I get stuttering, but as soon as I close the debugger completely the smoothness is restored.

Clicker

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also how many of you guys have skype open in the background? This might seem a bit random, but I have seen TONS of software skip randomly thanks to skype being in the background. I like skype, but I never run it on my PC anymore because of this.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast