User Tag List

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Fusion 2.5 Microstuttering (moved from Fusion 3 status thread)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also noticed this 'microstuttering' problem and I'm glad it is being finally addressed. To be honest, because of this, I always felt that side-scrolling games I made with Fusion were less fluid and polished than those made with other engines. It looks like it is a serious problem for other developers too, that's why I strongly hope that Clickteam, with the help of the community, investigates and fix the issue.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does tweaking the framerate make any difference? Im in the camp that can't detect this

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Made another little test file,
    trying to keep it very essential and to make the issue "visible"
    it basically stutters all the time here,
    and it is very visible to my setup (screen, computer ..eyes )

This one can be tweaked to various framerates, as ratty suggested,
    at 30 fps I find it very noticeable, don't know if the same happens for everyone.
    I have constant (almost rhytmic, probably same as casleziro experienced)
    stutters jumping at 0.046/0.047 from 0.030/0.031 (!)
    when the target frame duration should be 0.033
    that's a 0.015+ jump, more than a hundredth of a second, and thus quite noticeable

microstutter_4.mfa

To change the framerate you must change it both in application properties and in the "frame_rate" global value.
    "test sensitivity" global value will determine how much sensitive to time differences across frames the mfa will be
    (higher=more sensitive.. but then might be too much!)

You can "halt" and release again the system hitting spacebar,
    in case you notice some bad stutter and you want to stop and read what's going on.

I would dare to say this again seems to confirm it looks like a timing -> "rhythm" problem,
    especially noticeable when there's an object moving at constant speed,
    you'd expect it to be in a precise position, anticipating its movement,
    while these little jumps make it break the flow by reaching position a little too early or too late.

This test is very simple and just detects variations between two subsequent frames,
    maybe we should also detect rhytm variations across multiple different frames too
    (i.e. a smaller time variation accumulating through multiple frames),
    but I guess we might be at the core of the issue anyway

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 30 it's extremely noticeable, almost like it's on purpose. I raised to 60 and didnt notice anything.
    At 30, it seemed to disappear at every 5-6th time around and then came back. That might just be my eyes though.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    again ive switched the colors in the example around a bit to try & make it even more noticeable to the eyes. in this one i think i'm actually able to see the difference between the 0.033 & 0.032

@ratty, are you able to see it in this one?
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    shrodinger, does your file slow down after a while coz in this example, when i run it after about 15 seconds it starts to get SUPER juddery!
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ouch, it almost hurts my eyes
    No it wasn't designed to slow down, not by purpose at least
    (unless some list gets SO long to cause slowdowns, but this shouldn't be the case)

Raised a bit the sensitivity and set framerate so it also "detects" what's going on,
    so this one is your latest mod at 60fps:

microstutter_4D.mfa

I think this and the 30 fps version show the issue quite well

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i saw your stuttering in your mfa. when i turned ON vsync, the stuttering was "almost" gone, i only noticed it once very occasionally

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems this issue is way more well-known than it previously seemed. Much like the recent harassment allegations in Hollywood, once a couple of people gave a voice to the issue, many more come to the surface reporting the same thing

I'd urge everyone who has experienced microstuttering and feels that it's something that should be addressed (if not by fixing it in F2.5, then at least by promising to examine it head-on in F3) to add a +1 in the bugbox issue.

Clicker Fusion 2.5iOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin Spacey gave me microstutter

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast