User Tag List

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Fusion 2.5 Microstuttering (moved from Fusion 3 status thread)

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That is an interesting question, what have people got running in the background which could be making semi-regular polls. I remember many years back I used to have to disable the Windows clock when capturing video to stop tbe stutter! hehe.

I think this should save out a text file of the process list:

tasklist/svc>c:\processlist.txt

Make sure you can write to C or choose another path there. Paste your running task lists here when observing the stutter.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    just to clarify from my side, in every single clickteam product ever from klik & play to fusion 2.5, running on over 30 different computers (desktops & laptops) on every single windows operating system (windows 3.1 to windows 10), with all kinds of background programs opened & closed, the issue remains.

in over 2 decades there has never been one single combination of any setup i hav ever seen where microstuttering is not present

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can you provide an example on that outrageous claim you just made please? id like to know who your were before "shinbaxter" was going back atleast 3 forum incarnations...(remembering this current forum has been running since 2006). anyway, im sure id remember.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I'm a little older, but I have hardly ever seen stuttering unless I have lots of other programs running. I just have 2gb on my laptop. Minecraft stutters also if I have other programs running.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have to say I'm struggling to see it. I have tried on my beast PC, a middling laptop with dual GFX chips (tried on both and on each chip individually) - I also tried on a Mac Mini (2012 I think) with Intel IGP and I just cannot see it on any of them - try as I might.

I am not convinced it is 100% a Fusion issue, I think there must be external factors which tip the scale and cause it to happen - what those may be is hard to say. Please keep testing and reporting, it's the only way we'll get to the bottom of it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danjo View Post
    can you provide an example on that outrageous claim you just made please? id like to know who your were before "shinbaxter" was going back atleast 3 forum incarnations...(remembering this current forum has been running since 2006). anyway, im sure id remember.
    "reveal your identity shinbaxter!!!"

as it says on my join date, i've only been using fusion since feb 2014. never touched it before that. but as i think i mentioned in an earlier post on this thread, my friend started using klik & play wen we were little kids & being the sharp eyed kids we were eager to replicate japanese style arcade games, we both noticed that it was not smooth & was jittering. & throughout all our years growing up, with every version of the software that he purchased & made games on it was there. its the main reason he stopped using click products a few years back & learned c++ instead.

obviously i can't giv an example for my whole life observation (at least not until clickteams time machine frees itself from the endless time loop its stuck in )

and yes, my claim is outrageous....but not as outrageous as the microstuttering itself

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I was finally able to implement "real fullscreen"/ change resolution mode combined with the scaling routine I use for my game. As Vol said in another post before, using real fullscreen reduces micro-stuttering A LOT. I'm really not able to spot it anymore in real fullscreen, while I can clearly see it in windowed fullscreen. I also don┤t think this thing is a Fusion-only issue, but its quite obvious that some engines handle this issue better than Fusion, not all of course.

Clicker Fusion 2.5iOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I first noticed the issue when a simple game I made exported with Flash exhibited stuttering. I noticed on Newgrounds that Flash games using Fusion stuttered whereas others on the same website did not.

With a single active moving across the screen stuttering occurs for me in Standard runtime, DirectX9 and DirectX8 mode. While it may not occur for certain people, I'm convinced this is a Fusion issue.

An interesting test would be measuring frametimes in non-Fusion games and comparing them to the results already discussed here.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarB View Post
    An interesting test would be measuring frametimes in non-Fusion games and comparing them to the results already discussed here.
    yes THIS. i really want to do this, but i dont know how to use any other game maker programs or am i technical enough to measure frame times (hence why i use fusion )

not that i want to bash click products in comparison to others....i just really want to get to the bottom of this

can anyone else do this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I should just chime in on some testing I have done with the example file that is uploaded in the bugbox.

I ran it on my Desktop computer without any stutters at all, neither with V-sync on or V-sync off.

Then I ran it on my laptop and I did seem to notice some small microstutters, but then I turned off V-sync and it was a lot clearer (like in the video that is uploaded in the bug box)

What I did notice on my laptop was that one of the threads was spiking at 100% several times, then after a while that load got reduced and another thread was spiking at 100%.
    On my Desktop computer I had low cpu usage on all threads.

Desktop computer:
    Intel i7 8700K OC'd to 4.9Ghz on all cores.
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    16GB DDR4 at 3000mhz

Laptop computer:
    Intel i7 3630QM @ 2.4Ghz
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 / AMD Radeon HD 7970M
    16GB DDR3 RAM

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast