User Tag List

Thread: Best approach to switching mesh animations w/PMO?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best approach to switching mesh animations w/PMO?

What would be the best approach to switching between different animations when using the Platform Movement Object? I've tried the way i'm used to doing it, having events triggered by when the player is moving left/right while on the ground, air etc. But the animation just freezes on the first frame. I was able to get it working "somewhat" by running events using "compare two general values" adding the animation range from x-x and that works for things like idle and walk animations, but that's all i could get. Would alterable values be a more effect approach? The built in platformer example just loops the walking animation, nothing else so there's really not a lot to work off of from there. Are there any basic examples out there for a 2.5D sidescroller with FireFly?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For firefly animations, itís best to loop x-y frames. The chocobreak example has a section about animation that could be useful. As far as examples, I believe Iím the only person outside of tri making firefly tutorials and such and I havenít got into 2.5 yet since 3d is more prevalent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmachine View Post
    The built in platformer example just loops the walking animation, nothing else so there's really not a lot to work off of from there. Are there any basic examples out there for a 2.5D sidescroller with FireFly?
    as MRogers pointed out i covered different animation states in the chocobreak example

personally i would use a alt value and a flag - on a change set the flag and the new animation

if flag is on - read value and set animation frames as needed - turn off flag so no cpu time is wasted till next change