User Tag List

Thread: Array Object Tutorial - The Basics

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Array Object Tutorial - The Basics

Hi

I have created a tutorial on how the Array Object works and how to use it for anyone that is interested.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't download it. Is it available elsewhere?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks, very helpful. But can you add example of tiles placing please, cuz im a bit curious now. Lets say i have tileset with 9 pieces + 1 character and i want to store their coordinates and player health. So i need X dimesion=3 (ID, Xpos, Ypos and health) and Y dimension=10 (0 is player and 1-9 tiles). In your example, you starting "createenemiesLoad" loop 4 times, cuz you have 4 enemies. So by logic, i should start loop 9 times?
    Also how saving works if my tiles are duplicates. Lets say, that i have platform with one of ID=1 tile, five ID=2 tiles and one of ID=3 tile. So how saving works for tile ID=2 - all their coordinates stores in one cell?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a useful way of saving multiple numbers in 1 value that i do, is to make each value for example be 3digits; eg 1 would equal 001; 25 = 025 etc. then if i wanted 4 values stored in the 1 cell ** using a string array **. as a default, "000000000000" would be: 0,0,0. to get these independent values; use left$, right$ and mid$. so, val(left$,"array str$",3) = your first value. if that helps...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I often use the String parser object for this. I choose a delimiter. (for example # )
    Then i just write the data like this "043#100#250#345#PlayerName#543"
    Then use Get Element 1 for 043, Get element 2 for 100 and son on. Then you don't have to worry so much about the length of the number or string value.