User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: @Clickteam, is it possible to get shader support for Android and iOS?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question @Clickteam, is it possible to get shader support for Android and iOS?

Hey Clickteam!

I'm curious; I know you can't use custom shaders with Android and iOS exporters now. However, I don't understand why.
    Is this impossible due to some technical stuff with the engine? Or is this doable?

If this is doable but would require lots of work from Clickteam, is there anything us Clickers could do to make this happen?
    I wouldn't mind paying for this if that's what it takes. I wouldn't mind if this was released as a paid DLC update for Android and iOS exporters or something like that.
    I'd be willing to pay quite some for this to happen and I bet a lot of Clickers would as well!

For me, this is probably the biggest shortcoming of Fusion 2.5.

Fellow Clickers, if you see this and think "yes, that would be awesome!" please make noise!

Clickteam, please let us know if this is possible!

Thank you,

Jesse

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that would be awesome!.It's will be a great feature. I agree with you, Jesse. I extremely need to shaders for mobile ports too.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm guessing that's on the list of things that will be introduced in CF3, and not before - which makes sense, since I believe CF3 will use OpenGL for all platforms, whereas CF2.5 supports shaders through DirectX, which is windows-only (openGL uses a whole different shader language) - so it wouldn't be an efficient use of the programmers' time (better that they focus all their attention on getting CF3 released).

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm aware of that and that's not what I asked. I'm asking if it's possible, and what it would take to have it for Fusion 2.5.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    +1 I would surely appreciate and spend some funds for this feature

Yeah that's coming with F3 and unlikely in CT plans for F2.5,
    ...nevertheless, I would enjoy having shaders on mobile platforms "soon"

We don't know how much it will take still to have F3, and to have it as robust as F2.5 is now,
    I doubt it will be "soon" (but don't know, maybe I'm wrong!)
    so perhaps there's still enough time frame for a similar request,
    to get some good mobile game fx done without crazy (and at times crap) workarounds during 2018.
    And we'd have chance to start practicing on GLSL

Would be curious as well to know how much it's difficult - what prevented this to happen so far.

Btw, on the theme of "funding",
    what about putting the most widely acclaimed user-driven (doable) "feature requests"
    in the Patreon page: reach 200 patrons >> get the shaders on Android/iOS

I think this forum alone would have enough strength to drive "power-features" like this one.

Then proposing new interesting features could keep people happy and engaged to the system
    (500 patrons: "banish the overlap delay once for all" )

Don't know how much feasible or if fitting in CT politics, but it could be an interesting experiment.. perhaps.

Some great and unexpected changes have been done recently to F2.5
    (say, event list fixes/empowering, nameable flags, pausing physics, "Oname$()", the depth buffer..)
    they have been very appreciated by users, it also makes the wait for F3 a bit less stressing for hungry people!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schrodinger View Post
    (500 patrons: "banish the overlap delay once for all"
    guess i'd hav to sign up with 500 different accounts to make it so

oh, & +1 for moblie shaders (even tho i've never used a shader in my life lol)

&+1 for the perspective object for mobile. still can't believe fusions biggest game five nights at freddy's had to port to the iphone without it, the spinning camera perspective was half its magic!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @Clickteam, you're needed here. Would be nice to get some info about this... also the current micro-stutter thread, please.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Clickteam we need shader support for android

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would ask in the release thread at the top or bugbox... I dont think the devs read the forums that much but Yves seems to answer in the new releases ones

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast