User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Build 290.4 - Release version

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schrodinger View Post
    Made a quick test adding an offset parameter to Chrilley's flip shader:

Attachment 24111

unfortunately the shader correction has further complications I didn't think of,
    since the object mask is not evenly divided by the hotspot (this is what causes the jumps),
    one part of the sprite will be cropped if you want it to stay at fixed position.
    I think to solve this you'd also need to scale up the sprite mask, in order to cover additional areas on the cropped side
    but I thought that was going to be too cumbersome (setting two parameters and changing scale every frame) for just flipping a sprite

So I included a very simple "position" correction example, it works fine with the unmodified shader,
    as long as you have an external collision mask this could be simple solution for your needs,
    since you wouldn't have other drawbacks in changing the sprite position?

having a bigger sprite mask (i.e. adding transparent areas) so that the hotspot is always centered in the middle of the bounding box,
    would also solve the issue, but I can see it being uncomfortable changing every animation frame and having extra wasted pixel (for memory reasons)..
    Thank you schrodinger, the Troll look really funny
    Obviously If this could be done directly by Fusion would be better, anyway the third solution seems to work pretty well, I have just modified your code a little bit in order to fit it to a movable sprite.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good catch! I didn't consider variable frame sizes and hot spots within an animation . Schrodinger's position correction implementation is a clever solution for it.

I'm still curious about how it does performance-wise if anyone has done any testing, though I think I've derailed the thread enough

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Update: build 290.4 is now the latest official update patch.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrilley View Post
    I'm still curious about how it does performance-wise if anyone has done any testing
    I just did some quick tests. I had it create 10 animations per tick. Each animation was 128x128px and 28 frames long. The animations would automatically destroy once finished. This resulted in about 500 copies of the same animation being on-screen at any one time.

While the new shader is faster than the traditional "Flip Horizontal" shader (leftmost image), it's unfortunately not faster by much. There's still a significant performance impact of using this shader vs not using a shader at all - for example if you'd baked the flipped graphics into the object (middle image). When you add schrodinger's hotspot fix, the difference is a little larger still (rightmost image).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cannot install! says product not installed, also didnt even ask me for a path this time!

i have 290.3 dev

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hmm... maybe a conflict with the update of the Steam version? You might have to reinstall the stand-alone version and then re-apply the patch.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did have the steam version, but then uninstalled because the steam version would keep opening mfas even I chose the stand alone version. I will try reinstalling.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is normal? if i change some values to:
    9.2 automatically turns to 9.199999999999999
    9.3 to 9.300000000000001
    9.7 to 9.699999999999999
    9.8 to 9.800000000000001

i guess that happens after update.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    >> i guess that happens after update.

There is no change in this part in the update.

This is the usual floating point precision error. Computers can't store an infinite number of floating point values in 64 or 32 bits and bytes are in binary format, not decimal format, so in some cases there are precision errors. Joshtek posted an interesting link some time ago about this: http://www.opto22.com/documents/1755...nical_Note.pdf.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    IIRC flipping with negative scale is not easy to add in 2.5, mainly because of the collisions.
    maybe, would be possible to add the possibility to 'FLIPPABLE Active'?
    contrary to normal 'Active', unable all functions of collisions. (but can use flip = negative scale.)

or, add 'flippable sprite' : can use only flip, scale, animations and position. that's all I need to make cupheadlike game.(in mobile.)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast