User Tag List

Thread: how can I display a zoomed in portion of the game in the bottom corner?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how can I display a zoomed in portion of the game in the bottom corner?

A pic will most easily explain what I want:

So, the Viewport object could do this, but I believe it doesn't work in DirectX mode (when I tried it, it just zoomed in on a single-pixel). Is there some other way to do this? Or could someone who understands shader language please help me modify the Lens effect to achieve this? I don't care much about performance, as I'll probably just be using this for debugging, to better see collisions and so on. (then again, now that I think of it, I can think of some cool other uses for it )

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    odd, I'm pretty sure Viewport works just fine in D3D,
    and it should be a good tool to make what you need
    sure you put it in top layer and "in front" of everything else?

To make this effect I think you could just put a viewport on bottomleft of window area,
    on top layer of the game, giving it the size you need, bringing it to front,
    and then set the source region centered on our good friend Spryke
    and set source region size to viewport_size / zoom_amount
    (smaller source region in relation to viewport size = bigger zoom level)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try make a shader for it tomorrow after work Vol.. Just need bg offset/zoom/ and maybe a crop shader..

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atq7cUIJ7uexiiI7NXEQxDWH2n2q
    (I'm sure it can be optimised, but you said performance wasn't important, so I just made it easy to understand)

You know, someone like you should really learn to make shaders yourself - I think it would be worth your while, considering how heavily you're using them in your current project. It's actually not difficult at all

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyMole View Post
    Here:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atq7cUIJ7uexiiI7NXEQxDWH2n2q
    (I'm sure it can be optimised, but you said performance wasn't important, so I just made it easy to understand)
    Excellent! Thanks heaps!

It works great in a small-screen MFA, but I'm having trouble getting it to work in my large game. The problem is that my protaganist moves around relative to the 10000x7000 frame, whereas the X and Y values I need to feed into the Zoombox must be relative to the 1920x1080 screen. As you can see in the pic, Spryke's coordinates are 2545, 4300. So when set the ZoomBox's sourceX and sourceY to that, it doesn't work properly - it tries to grab things from below the monitor, and ends up tiling stuff.

All I need to do is to figure out Spryke's actual screen position rather than her frame position, so I can feed those into zoomBox. But I don't know how. Any ideas?

You know, someone like you should really learn to make shaders yourself - I think it would be worth your while, considering how heavily you're using them in your current project. It's actually not difficult at all
    I can definitely see the benefit in it. But I'm pretty allergic to code, which is why I came to Fusion in the first place! Shader language looks particularly allergenic to me

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work @MuddyMole very simple and better than what my plan was..

@Vol you may have to make the active the same size as the frame then add Sprykes xy to windowXvalue windowYvalue Or have the active scroll with the window and add the WindowLeftedge windowTopedge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scrap my last post ^ it may have to do with the conversion of the values.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fnkycoldmadeanr View Post
    Nice work @MuddyMole very simple and better than what my plan was..

@Vol you may have to make the active the same size as the frame then add Sprykes xy to windowXvalue windowYvalue Or have the active scroll with the window and add the WindowLeftedge windowTopedge
    ok, it took some playing around, but I finally got it to work. The trick was to subtract the window edge values from the Spryke values. Thanks!

@schrodinger: thanks for your suggestions. I tried all those things, but I still just get a single-color output when using the Viewport