User Tag List

Thread: Admob SDK version update

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Admob SDK version update

Hello,
    I juste received a mail from Admob saying that SDK priori to 7.0.0 will not work anymore at the date of january 23th, 2018.
    I dont' know how to check the admob sdk version in clickteam, so i'm asking here.
    Is it ok for the actual extension, or an update is needed?
    Thanks.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw that the answer is in another thread, you can delete my post if you mind.

https://community.clickteam.com/threads/102942-Google-Analytics-for-Firebase-and-SDK-change

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry In which Fusion version was Admob SDK update to 7 or better??

I don't agree that this should be deleted. My questions haven't been answered in the other thread and it doesn't relate to this single issue of the Admob SDK.

I don't understand why this is not so important to anyone trying to earn some income from Admob. I would have thought a lot more people would really want to know bearing in mind from 23rd January next year, if the SDK is lower than 7 then your ads won't show anymore. That's about 8 weeks to update all your apps!!

Yes the Admob SDK is supposed to be the latest according to Fernando but in which version was it updated? According to the change log for every release since 286.6 I can find no reference to the Admob SDK being updated, only fixes.

And before someone says, just update to the latest version of Fusion, that doesn't work for me. If I compile an Android app with any version after 286.6 I get so many problems because of so called 'improvements' and fixes that I am having to almost completely remake over 100 of my apps. I'm not as clever as many on the forum but I'm not an idiot either. I've been building programs with Clickteam products since 1996 so I'm not a newbie (probably a joke to you all, but not a newbie).

So to know that those apps currently built with 286.6 are OK with Admob 7 or better would be extremely useful.

The SDK version number shown in the change logs would also be extremely helpful. Chartboost and Leadbolt SDK versions are shown, so why not Admob?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    the video reward will be available in teh first beta of 291, since involve changes in google play services lib, which made also some changes in others objects like, gmaps, gpg, ironsource, chartboost
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    the video reward will be available in teh first beta of 291, since involve changes in google play services lib, which made also some changes in others objects like, gmaps, gpg, ironsource, chartboost
    wow! reward vids. FINALLY! i can see the light!

good work fernando. cant wait!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    And what does this have to do with my question?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    sorry, i did not answer your question i answer the question from poster who start this thread.

But to answer your question after receiving PM from you, asking if i am avoiding you, which i am not, or sending email to Jeff complaining about the same on me because i did not answer you.

The version 8.48 is used from January 2017 which started with build version number 288.1

Now back to this awful and awkward situation, i am in USA and yesterday in the state was a day OFF, well known as Black Friday, and the day before was Thanksgiving, so i think here all CT and me in my humble position always try to answer and deliver solution to you all, but when are days off are day off, i deserve like all other my days off, right?.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Fernando

I'm very sorry Fernando, of course you deserve days off. I was not aware your location was the USA and as you know 'Thanksgiving' is not a public holiday in many countries outside North America. We also do not have 'Black Friday' as a public holiday in the UK, as well as I guess, many other countries but that doesn't excuse me jumping to conclusions.

I also apologise for obviously having misled Jeff that I was complaining about you. That was not my intention, so I'm sorry he contacted you about this.

Thanks, it's good to know the SDK number for 288.1. Unfortunately I have big problems building Android Apps with any Fusion versions after 286.6 but I'll have to stop griping and get on with it.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHINBAXTER View Post
    wow! reward vids. FINALLY! i can see the light!

good work fernando. cant wait!
    Did you FINALLY turn the light on in your room?