User Tag List

Thread: Before going for android exporter curiosity!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before going for android exporter curiosity!

Hi all...i have two questions before purchasing android exporter:

1. How easy to test your game on android devices? Is it via APK? Wired? Or Wireless connection(i hope wireless)

2.I read on steam android dont support shaders, how bad can it be? what will the game miss?

Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Wired - easiest, just turn on debugging mode on phone, plug via cable and hit F8 button.
    2. there is no ANY support for android for CTF2.5 (not critical)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok...thanks for your reply.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexexhowl View Post
    1. Wired - easiest, just turn on debugging mode on phone, plug via cable and hit F8 button.
    Hello, can you tell me more about this method, maybe a tutorial ?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Plug your Android mobile/tablet into your PC with Fusion on. Inside the settings of the mobile/tablet enable developer mode and accept APKs from unknown sources. Then in Fusion, click Build & Run and it will appear on your device.
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Testing is pretty easy -- The hard part for most people is setting all the Google SDK and Android APIs stuff.
    They are pretty big downloads but once you get that all going the Fusion part is really really easy.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google SDK stuff first time setup example - Steam Guide for new people: Android Exporter Setup | Java + SDK Manager

Quote Originally Posted by TGeorgeMihai View Post
    Hello, can you tell me more about this method, maybe a tutorial ?
    Some of the steps here are probably not necessary - (depends a lot on your phone):

1. Enable USB debugging(probably at this location on your device or similar: Settings → Additional settings → Developer options* → Debugging options: USB debugging on/off)
    *Show Developer options(Settings → About phone → tap multiple times on the correct item in the list(if you tap the right place, your phone will probably show pop-ups like this: "You are now x steps away from being a developer." and
        you will find the Developer options on your phone when the pop-up finally says "You are now a developer!"

2. Connect phone/device and Windows machine via USB cable

3. Download 15 Seconds ADB Installer http://androidmtk.com/download-best-android-adb-driver (at the bottom of this page click the long green Download button)
    Run the installer: (Do you want to install ADB and Fastboot? Y | Install ADB system-wide? N(install only for current user) or Y(install for all users) | **Do you want to install device drivers(Y - if your phone doesn't have own drivers, then you can use the Google USB driver - correct installed device drivers are probably not important for Fusion's Build and Run option, but may be necessary to correctly show your phone as a device/drive on your Windows machine).
    ** if you don't see a difference/your phone as a drive after installing the optional Google driver with 15 Seconds ADB Installer, try adding the driver updates manually in the Windows Device Manager:
            in the Device Manager you probably see two yellow! issues detected under Other devices(ADB interface and another for your phone(name) → for both issues(install the same Driver for all detected issues): right click → Update Driver Software     →
            → Browse my computer for driver software → Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer → choose Android Device and click Next → Next → confirm Update Driver Warning with Yes.

4. Build your app in Fusion and test it on your phone(click the Build and run button/Ctrl+F8)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition to my previous post 3. - I noticed that I pasted the wrong link from the clipboard.
    Use this link: 15 Seconds ADB Installer
    (at the bottom of the page click the long green Download button)