User Tag List

Thread: Why do you think CT didn't patch built-in movements to work properly?

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you think CT didn't patch built-in movements to work properly?

I mean, they're far easier to use than making your own or .e.g. using PMO, but we have to do the latter anyway because the built in platform movement (others not so much funny enough) are really buggy. I mean, there are the physics movements which are good but from my experience they're less performant than built-in ones.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a very good question, seems like something simple but just never took action on it, or perhaps it would break existing games due to old legacy code still in there.

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are only there for backwards compatibility.
    Would I want an improved set of built-in-movements? Not really. No matter what they won't be as customisable as one's own movement.
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still, if the bugs were eliminated, it would be a good choice for simple games where you don't need anything extra over what the built-in movements already provide.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    They were kept in for legacy/compatibility. At a beginner level, they do a great job for 99% of the stuff. If users want to learn custom movements then they learn how to, through tutorials, videos, the Academy etc.

Infact, all of the movements are great for basic stuff. PMO is not difficult to learn at all and is full cross-platform compatible.
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PMO gives you way more flexibility than a built in movement and is absurdly easy to use... the built in movements have no flexibility, because they're so basic.. they're almost useless.. even if they weren't buggy at all.. they'd still be so limited.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't agree the built-in platform movement is usable, you can't hold down left or right whilst jumping against a wall or hitting a wall mid-jump and continue to move mid-air. It's absolutely unfit for purpose and should never have been left in that state 20 years ago. I've been using custom movements as long as I've been using The Games Factory 1, so it wasn't usable back in the 90s, let alone now.

I'd just like an explaination as to why, even for backwards compatability, the air-moving jump sticking bug has never ever been patched?