User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Memory corruption, sprites swapping, old school glitching out

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Memory corruption, sprites swapping, old school glitching out

https://www.youtube.com/iXmeshknOOw

In the first gif the most noticeable thing after he changes frame is when walking left his sprite is getting replaced with a wall tile? The boss is flashing, and a bunch of background tiles have just gone missing it seems.
    In the second gif the most noticeable thing is the giant flashing backdrop image suddenly appearing in several places, like when I wall-kick. Let's not forget the guy stuck in the ground and in perpetual pain no less.

So, part of me is kind of nostalgia-proud, but, the other part of me is terrified. I've never seen anything like this and it has just happened after I did a full system reset and clean installs. Someone suggested it might be the steamworks API. I guess I will build an older version without steamworks and pray. Does anyone have any other suggestions ?

I just built an old version without steamworks and no glitch
    Steamworks + new fusion build = glitches

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think, that application is running out of 1.5 gb of memory for x32 application. Seems strange,but usually after that it happens.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've noticed that it happens when moving the character from area to area, but doesn't happen when choosing an area from the level select on the title screen. I am trying to understand the difference between these two things but I just don't get it.

!! I'm using frame transitions! The built-in kind.................. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I took them all out and it still glitches when changing from frame 2 -> frame 3, but its fine when I warp from title screen to frame 2 or 3. ?! Pretty sure I'm helpless here...

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What build of Fusion are you using?
    Perhaps there is something that needs to be fixed in the last build?
    If so -- the best course of action is to go back to the previous build and when Yves is back from his trip he can take a look.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it does resemble buffer overflow but it's a modern OS so that's interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using build 289.3 because 290.4 was giving me a crash when changing frames, I would be happy to send the .mfa over for testing! When does Yves get back (approx) ?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    FlipSwitchX , This will be a pain in the you know what but could you try something for me. Can you create in 290.4 (or 289.3) a new blank app, with all the same settings as you main project. Then open the main project and copy over all your frames one at a time. Fix all the jump to frames and the run it and see if we get the same issue.

Clickteam on Twitter - Clickteam on Facebook

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh boy. If you think that has a high chance of working I'll try it, the thing is I've tried that before because I also have this weird corruption on the first level, where if I change any of the code in the frame events (other than deactivating/activating events), when I run the game the PMO thinks everything is an obstacle (at least that's what I think is going on) and thus the player floats up and backwards through the sky. I got around this by putting events in objects and deactivating old events.

I'm currently trying the copy and paste fix though.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @FlipSwitchX it sounds like you might have a corrupted event/group/object in there. Yves is away at the moment but if you send him your mfa (wait until you've resolved this current issue) he can hopefully find the fault and remove it.

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once had the same issue with some frames being invisible when they were clearly visible in the image editor. I had to delete the frames and/or animation to fix the sprites affected. Not sure what caused it though.
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast