User Tag List

Thread: How do I make a persistent logic across frames

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How do I make a persistent logic across frames

I used tools like Unity or UE4 and, in general, one program the logic globally and this logic is persisten across scenes. I'm trying to translate this to CF2.5. I think each frame is a scene, but if I make the logic in one frame, how could have the same logic in the rest of the frames? Or maybe this is not the way to make games in CF2.5.

Thanks in advance!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah the quickest to get started with is Global Events.

Another idea that requires a bit more work, however if you play your cards right then you have a powerful way to go about making games. Using just 1 frame as your "game scene".

The frame would simply be the "shell" of which you'd load in your levels and they'd all go by the logic of this one frame. The tricky part with this approach is that you will need to make a level editor that can save your information to either an array or ini file which you then read.

There's also another approach which is possibly the least attractive method; Copy / Paste your events. This can be rather annoying in case you need to change or update something after having made 100 frames... Could work for smaller project though!

My personal favorite is making a Level editor. It takes time in the beginning but you cash in on that later on when making levels become much faster and fun once you put together an editor that works specifically for your game. Although I think Global Events might be better to start with.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @chrilley You are right,my copy-paste solution was good,but when I have 20 level frames and 10 GUI frames to fix something becames annoying.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I didn't know about global events. I will see that. And the one-frame-app with level editor is also interesting. I've downloaded and example of a level editor from another post.
    Thanks!!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    save your nevres and time! use one-frame based app for level editor.
    1. copying events between frames is annoying, especially if you have 10+ levels
    2. you can't use qualifiers in behiavours or global events. (There is one method how to use them, but it's not official and full of bugs)
    3. if you use frame editor as level editor you'll get soon tired while you open your mfa or save him (it's take a looooooooooong time, believe me.)

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you are coming over from Unity and have some experience with that kind of environment, I would seriously go down the one-frame concept (if this is do-able), by using Fusion 2.5 to create your own Level Editor and creating your engine in one-frame. This way you only have one set of events to deal with and debug.
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?