User Tag List

Thread: Simple physics platform friction?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple physics platform friction?

I have a static physics object (a box/platform) which I move using X - X + 2 and I have another physics object which falls on it, I use "collides with object --> stop" which works, but once the object "lands" and stops on the moving platform the moving platform object just "slips" from under it?? changing the friction on both ojects has no effect whatsover?

How can I make it so when the physics box lands on the moving platform it moves with it?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What formula are you using to move the platform? Can this be temporarily used for the falling object so it it can just move along with the platform?

Marv
    ​449 MMF2 & CTF 2.5 Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think maybe setting the position of the phsics platform directly like that makes it so it's not actually making a physics movement, so friction and overlap are not calculated via physics engine. if you move the platform using physics instead, i bet it will work. kinematic body with constant velocity will probably do the trick (if it is box2d. not sure what to use in CTF)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mightyenigma View Post
    i think maybe setting the position of the phsics platform directly like that makes it so it's not actually making a physics movement, so friction and overlap are not calculated via physics engine. if you move the platform using physics instead, i bet it will work. kinematic body with constant velocity will probably do the trick (if it is box2d. not sure what to use in CTF)

Possibly so, im using fusion physics for cross platofrm compatibility, how can I make it so a static physics object can only move on 1 axis?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbon View Post
    Possibly so, im using fusion physics for cross platofrm compatibility, how can I make it so a static physics object can only move on 1 axis?
    In box2d there are 3 options: dynamic (affected by gravity, can be pushed and bumped by other objects, etc),
    Kinematic (only moves itself), and static (never moves via physics).

I think if CTF has something equivalent to Kinematic, that would do the trick and you could just set an X speed for it, then stop or reverse speed when it reaches the end of the range you want it to go.

Sorry I've not gotten into CTF enough yet to be more help.