User Tag List

Thread: Problem with player blocked

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with player blocked

Hi to all,
    I am building a little labyrinth-like game, based on the old game "Crystals of Zong" if someone of you remember the game.
    The labyrinth is composed by 9 rooms in a grid of 3x3 and in the middle of each rooms there is a little space with a special Collectable Item between two closed doors, the player need to search for the correct key to open the door and collect the items.
    The room center is somthing like this:

PlayerStuck2.png

when the player has the correct key the doors become flashing blue and the player can pass, the walls are setted as background obstacles.

Now my problem, the player is moved with the standard eight directions control of CF2.5, I have no problem with the normal collision with the walls and the closed doors. When the player has the correct key it can pass through the corresponding opened door without problems using the left and right arrows, but if it is overlapping a opened door and I press the down arrow the player object "enters" a little bit into the wall and is blocked forever. The problem is not verified with the up arrow.

The collisions code I used is very simple

PlayerStuck1.png

and I tryed different ways to solve the problem, such as change the events order or adding other overlapping controls, but without any result.
    Someone can help me in this two points:
    1) why is this thing happening
    2) how can solve the problem

Thanks to all.

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Default movements of CF are broken in various subtle ways. And why they haven't been fixed to this day (bugs existed since TGF 1.0, perhaps even Klik'n'Play) is really perplexing to me.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhog View Post
    Default movements of CF are broken in various subtle ways. And why they haven't been fixed to this day (bugs existed since TGF 1.0, perhaps even Klik'n'Play) is really perplexing to me.
    Yes, I had some other problems with the eight movements before in the same project, but I solved them changing some parameters, this time I have no clue on wath to try.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Any chance you can upload a simple example?
    This would make easier for us picking it up and trying some little tweak here and there

(we could make it up on our own, but who knows if the same would replicate on a slightly different setup..)

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Ombra1 View Post
    Yes, I had some other problems with the eight movements before in the same project, but I solved them changing some parameters, this time I have no clue on wath to try.
    My point was, it's better to make your own custom 8-dir movement. It's not that hard either.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schrodinger View Post
    Any chance you can upload a simple example?
    This would make easier for us picking it up and trying some little tweak here and there

(we could make it up on our own, but who knows if the same would replicate on a slightly different setup..)
    I can try to build a single Testing Room with the same bug to share, thanks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhog View Post
    My point was, it's better to make your own custom 8-dir movement. It's not that hard either.
    This is one of my hypothetical solutions, but I am not so great on custom movement, I am a newbye on using CF2.5, I am in the learning process.
    I am afraid of collisions menagement with a custom system.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I solved the problem removing the Movement->Stop after the bouncing, I also added a flag "isBouncing" to the player and stop its movement after 15/100 seconds because the bounce effect is to great for my need. With this little workaround the player is not blocked anymore when overlapping opened doors.
    Some rare time the player is blocked but I can easily free it with 2 or 3 movements.