Thread: Need help... getting error message when trying to run game on new PC

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help... getting error message when trying to run game on new PC

Hi : )

Finally purchased a new PC (old one was 7 years old LMAO), problem is we now get an error message when trying to run our game:

The file below does not exist. Please enter another file name.
    C:\prstartk.ttf

That is a font called Press Start, which is installed but we can't even open the folder to show Fusion where it is because we don't have permission. We tried following step-by-step instruction for changing permission in Win 10 but we can't seem to be able to do this. So frustrating.

We are at a virtual standstill. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

luma_screen_v2_small.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems the font was originally located at C:\ which is not a very good idea. Players playing the game wouldn't have it.
    I think there's a font extension that allows you to pack the fonts to be used with the game. :>

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think you can find out the name of the extension?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 10-second search suggests "Font Embed".

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is we got a new PC. And we cant find a way to get the same font back onto our new PC. We are not even using the prstartk font anymore (We originally had it but switched) How do we just get rid of it. We do not want the prstartk font anymore. But cannot find a way of getting rid of it from the whole program.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll need to re-install the font and then change it in your mfa. I recommend using the "Font Embed" as J3sseM suggested. The font is here: https://www.dafont.com/press-start.font

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you mean change it in your mfa? I downloaded the font and tried launching clickteam fusion. It said the same message. I also just want to get rid of the font. Were not using it in our gaming anymore.

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just download any font, any whatsoever, rename the file to prstartk.ttf and put it under C:\ - the mfa should load then where you will be able to change the font.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately this did not work. We have an idea though. when it sends the error message it also has a browse button to click. We are thinking that if we click this and click the arial font (the font we want to use throughout the game) Then it wont send the error message again. But when we go to the fonts folder to select the arial font it doesnt let us open the fonts folder and says... You do not have permission to open the fonts foler. Please contact the administrator to gain permission. before someone said its not good to use C:/ folder. What else could i do to avoid this. I do not even want the press startk font i just want arial. Is there a way to get rid of the prstartk font?

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think i have figured it out. Im going to attach the game file here. Please tell me if you receive the error message or not..

Here's the download,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqbbh96tj7...GENDA.exe?dl=0