User Tag List

Thread: Weird FPS issue / hitching issue ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird FPS issue / hitching issue ?

Hi, I released demo of a game. But it seems it has some "random" issues, not at everyone. But Did anyone experience weird FPS issues with CTF build/exe ??
    I got response from a streamer :

"I was going to play your game, but there seems to be a MASSIVE hitching issue. It's so bad that it's eating many of my controller inputs even on the main menu. Even the birds in the background and the initial pan upwards after launching the game is affected very visibly.
    I can't play with this happening."

And I am clueless.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to ask their system: OS, GPU and CPU to narrow it down.

One thing worth checking out is that if your game is somewhat heavy, and the user plays on a laptop with a dedicated GPU, try right-clicking the executable and launch using the dedicated GPU instead.
    For some reason on laptops, it uses integrated GPU instead and this could explain the massive hitching.

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you using Firefly, OpenGL, Mode7 or other extensions that are expensive (or may be under certain conditions) for the system?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @J3sseM That is probably the cause. I am using bigger images in cutscenes, levels.
    @Darkhog no CTF2.5

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to ask a guy if he's on laptop, he answered

I'm running a pretty powerful gaming machine (Intel i7-4770k, GTX1080), so unfortunately that fix isn't applicable to me. And add video with hitching. I am not using any extra big pictures , not even number of object is somewhat so big.
    Hm, it more looks like Fusion can't handle "big" pictures or I am not sure. Biggest background in title are mountains, 1500x300 that are duplicated (backrdrops) ; 4 in row. I have 3 rows of different mountains. Is that really such big load on fusion that it can missbehave on some specs >_<, it works ok on different machines so far. I am not sure how should I utilize graphic in my project.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T1U...2cM2Bf4CL/view