User Tag List

Thread: How to draw trail behind an object?

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to draw trail behind an object?

I don't want to "bake" it into animation, I want to draw it dynamically. Anyone knows a good way of drawing trails behind fast moving objects or people in Fusion?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleHTML5 Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, not sure if this is exactly what you want and I only thought to chime in because I did something similar in my SMB engine with the fireballs.

Here's a screen cap of what I did, but basically I had an object with an animation of something fading out that was created at the fireballs every so many seconds. The animation was basically a cinder that would decrease in size each frame of the animation and when the animation was done, it would destroy itself. I know you said you wanted something that was drawn dynamically and not baked. Not sure if this is considered baking into animation since technically the cinder is a separate object/animation than the fireball. I personally can't think of any other more complex way of doing it.

I know this is a really generic way of doing it and hope the idea helps, but I have a feeling you wanted something different. I'm actually curious to see the responses on this besides mine to see if there's some kind of way of trailing/fading without using animations.
    Images attachées Images attachées

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You basically constantly create an object at the position of your bullet. Then you destroy them after a few split seconds. or you could always scale the trail object down until it's invisible and destroy it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see, thanks. Though both created the issue that the trail was not consistent, because bullet was moving so fast. Fortunately fastloops fixed it, somewhat.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made this video which may help.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, got it already, but thanks. Maybe it will be useful to someone else.