User Tag List

Thread: MP4 Videos are not working on computers other than mine.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation MP4 Videos are not working on computers other than mine.

Hello! I'm Inin and I have an issue which im trying to solve for about a week now.

In my application, I made a boss fight, after you defeat the enemy, you go to the next frame.
    next frame has nothing but video player, which plays the .mp4 cutscene.
    On my PC everything's working, but when I install the application on other computer the cutscene is not playing, only white screen shows up and the application doesn't even play the sound of video.
    I tried using Direct Show object, Active Direct Show object and VideoPro Extension object. None of them seem to work on other computers. I'm 100% sure that I used good path in the video loading expression. I'm using EXE install program to get the cutscenes in the apppath.

The example of my expression:
    (In folder named "Mlem Boys Multiplayer" is another one called "CutScenes" and here I have my video.)

[Apppath$ + "Mlem Boys Multiplayer\CutScenes\Cutscene.mp4"]

after installing, and even deleting the video files from my desktop, the application reads the path i used in expression and plays the videos, which doesn't happen on other computers. The cutscene is not playing.
    Thank you in advance for the help!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue with my game. The issue boils down to the proper codecs are not installed on the other machine. There are a multitude of codecs and you’d think they would work, but unfortunately it isn’t quite so easy. I tried bundling a codec installer but players scoffed at it. My workaround was to use WMV format. It’s pretty comparable but uses a bit more memory than MP4, but not much. I would recommend using WMV as it is available on all Windows machines from XP forward and you’ll have the most compatibility this way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    codec issue probably - they cant play mp4 or mov .
    maybe install quicktime from apple. or install some codecs.

if codec is not the issue, maybe the video is not packed. please include it on your binary - click the Data Elements , include your video there

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quicktime is dead on Windows and shouldn't be used for security reasons. VLC is the best choice for video playback.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up using .wmv in Kalaban also, just like piscesdreams recommended. I saw people stream Kalaban, and there was just a black screen as the main menu background instead of the animated video. At first I thought it was some video capture issue, but quickly learned that a lot of people couldn't see the video.

I also used a workaround, which would show a static image if the video is playing. The function was something like "Timer is greater than 1 second" and "Video not playing", then make the bg image visible. The extension I used for playing video was the basic DirectShow object, if I recall correctly.