User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Firefly World Editor - Bug Reports

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To preface, I'm going to reference Unreal a few more times only because that is what I'm used to. I'm sorry!

Honestly I don't think having multiple 3d planes is /that/ useful. You really only need one. Retaining the option to set ANY pane to a 3d perspective would be nice, but most of your work should be done in just ONE 3d plane in order to make the workflow more efficient - by allowing you to access 2d planes as well.

I googled a bunch of level editors to make sure I'm not crazy because I didn't want to just reference unreal again because that's what I'm familiar with. I looked up quake, unreal, counterstrike, and doom. You will notice a trend with all 4. - They all have a 2d wireframe workspace so you can align objects perfectly without having to rely on 3d.

There is usually 1 3d workspace and 3 2d workspaces. See the attached pics

doom.gifcs.jpgquake.jpgunreal.jpg

IIRC in the unreal editor you still have the option to change ANY of the 4 planes to any perspective you want. You can have 4 3d planes, or 1 3d plane, 1 top down 2d, 1 side view 2d, all panes 2d, etc. Most people work with 1 3d pane and the rest 2d.

Also - I downloaded the new firefly and had a bit of trouble moving objects about. Its a bit confusing to me IMO. I feel like there are far too many actions in order to move objects around sometimes.

Here is how unreal handles some of it.

unreal mouse.PNG

and an article that shows all mouse controls in detail.

https://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Mouse_Control

The user can make a multitude of movements without ever having to move his/her mouse to select a different point. The option to move vertically, horizontally, or forward and back AND rotate are all at the users fingertips resulting in an extremely easy to grasp, efficient control scheme.

I'm not trying to say MAKE UNREAL EDITOR, but I do believe it, along with other 3d editors that have been around for ages were designed a particular way for a reason.

Thanks for the response and I hope that this is helpful at least to some degree!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would also be good if we could have the XYZ-axis shown in the views - they are a good leading point.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    Would also be good if we could have the XYZ-axis shown in the views - they are a good leading point.
    the gizmo should be in all the views ? is it not ?

Clickteam on Twitter - Clickteam on Facebook - Clickteam on Discord

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes there is a small gizmo, but what i mean is something like the old world editor has (look screenshot), colored axis lines over the whole screen. They are way better visible when lot of objects are loaded to the editor.

But thats only my opinion maybe people like the small gizmo more i dont know

XYZ_Colored.jpg

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Triadian , there is another issue, sometimes in the perspective view you can see ghost artefacts, the objects from the other views glitching through. But you cannot see them always, they appear only from certain angles.

ArtefactsGlitch.jpg

Edit: After playing around a bit more i discovered the artefacts appear only if i scale windows higher than 100% - as said in a previous post normal i use 125% scale on win10 where i have the issue with artefacts appear, on 100% scale its fine i cannot see/reproduce the artefacts.

So looks like scaling in windows is a big problem for the world editor overall.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ach, just base it off Trenchbroom http://kristianduske.com/trenchbroom/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, would be great if you could add a feature to create camera and light (position, rotation, ...) in the world editor.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they are intended once the basic stuff is in, hopefully you will be able to place all nodes in and have them usable from code once inside your events.

Clickteam on Twitter - Clickteam on Facebook - Clickteam on Discord

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh! Wow, that sounds great

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keep up the good work!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast