User Tag List

Thread: Are the default movements and PMO frame dependent and can I speed them up ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Are the default movements and PMO frame dependent and can I speed them up ?

I use some of the default controls and Platform Movement Object. I want to make the overall game speed move faster or slower (objects movement are multiplied by a speed variable, 1 being the default).
    Lets't say I make the multiplier 3 (3 times faster) and set all the values of PMO in accordance with it. Will it work as intended (something like perfect pixel bullet collision), or might the character jump trough map ?

Also, are the default movements and PMO frame-depended ? I don't have check Machine-Independent speed, I want that the game to "slow down" and not to frame-skip.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could easily test this yourself by setting an object to a really fast speed, then checking how fast it travels across the screen at full framerate, then at something like 10 or half framerate and see if it covers the same amount of ground over a certain timeframe with both framerates.

The PMO object shouldn't clip through obstacles because I believe it uses loop-based collision. You can multiply the values fine, but you would need to store the original (base values) in an active object, otherwise you will lose the original PMO values when you multiply.

I.e: store x velocity in alterable value A of active, then

Always
    --> set x velocity of PMO to stored x velocity * multiplier

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reviving this thread

I have the multiplier variable ( 1 is the normal speed, more is faster, less is slower) . What are the PMO values that need multiplied in order to achive more speed (jump and fall faster) or slow motion (like under water).