User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm looking for a cross-processing shader

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    @mihailsh : You are a genius man, just had to tweak the gradient image a little bit and got EXACTLY what I wanted Performance is also very good! Thanks so much for sharing this, you should put it in the Clicktstore for sure!
    @Darkhog : I'm in theory a big fan of this approach, but it needs careful planning in advance, which I did not do and it's impossible for me to tweak hundreds of assets at this point of development.
    Sepia shader. if it needed.

sepia.ZIP

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to bump, but when i try this shader the objects just turn black, i put all the objects in the effect folder is there something else i need to do?

edit: nm, i didnt see the button below it where u have to select the shader file. Everything is really dark, but im going to play around with the file a bit.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @zip2kx : Maybe @mihailsh can correct me cuz I don't really know how she shader is done. A side effect of color grading (as also seen in my example images) is a loss of contrast within the dark spectrum in favor of popping out the brighter and more saturated objects on screen. The default gradient that comes with the shader reduces colors in the dark spectrum and turns them into a couple of purple to dark blue tones (like in the gradient image). I added black again on the dark side's end as I still wanted to have pitch black on screen. Colors in the mid-range (moderate brightness) get a greenish teint, while bright objects are tinted in the yellow spectrum. Colors with maximum brightness and saturation remain nearly unaffected by the shader. Btw, I had to stack an empty layer upon the other layers in my setup, without it some objects were displayed black for some reason or showed some flickering.

A problem with your game (in case you use it with Baby Redemtion) might be that the game uses a lot of dark colors in general, so the shader's dark spectrum output is basically applied to most objects resulting in a dark scene with lacking contrast. I found the shader shines most if you kind of over-do your scene-contrast (very saturated and bright foreground, rather dark and desaturated background); then the shader puts everything back in place and occludes the scene by hue adjustments and color reduction. Would be great if we had some control over the enhancement-curves of this shader. And, of course, there's another interesting shader @MuddyMole posted, but I did not use it so far. Seems very sophisticated tho.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i played around with it and thats my conclusion too. Tried slapping it on another prototype with more colors and the difference was obvious. Do you apply it to the game layer or do you add it to an object that covers the play area?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My shader actually works in a very similar way to Mihailsh's - they're both using images as a kind of look-up table (array).
    The difference is that Mihailsh's shader uses one-dimensional arrays to look up each of the red, green and blue components, while mine uses three-dimensional arrays. In other words, in Mihailsh's shader, the red, green and blue components are totally independent of one another - for example, the red component of the output is not influenced by the green and blue components. In my shader, each of the three components of the output is influenced by ALL of the three inputs.

That makes it quite a lot more powerful, as it gives you full control over hue and saturation as well. For example, you could replace all orange pixels with green, without changing any of the other pixels in an image. Any color adjustment (or combination of adjustments) that works on individual pixels (ie. NOT filters like blur or sharpen, which also look at surrounding pixels) will work - red / green / blue / hue / saturation / lightness / contrast etc...

Here's a download link:
    http://1drv.ms/u/s!Atq7cUIJ7uexjAK4FQ32xLxswWpT

It's the same as the one in the thread I linked to previously, except that I added a few samples from these sites:
    http://www.photo-kako.com/en/cross-processing.cgi
    http://pinetools.com/filters-image
    http://www.befunky.com/create/photo-effects/

To create the LUT image files, just take one of the default images included, and apply your effect filter directly to it. A nice trick is to take a screenshot of your game, then copy and paste the default LUT image onto the screenshot. The you can apply whatever effects you like, until the screenshot looks the way you want the actual game to look, and then just cut out the LUT part and save it as a new file - and that's your new LUT image, ready to use

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    Yeah i played around with it and thats my conclusion too. Tried slapping it on another prototype with more colors and the difference was obvious. Do you apply it to the game layer or do you add it to an object that covers the play area?
    I have it on the whole frame.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MuddyMole : Impressive! Is there a significant performance cost? A lot of stuff seems to go on here.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    really cool muddymole! The more shaders we have the better!
    There are some impressive stuff here.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    @MuddyMole : Impressive! Is there a significant performance cost? A lot of stuff seems to go on here.
    No, not really. Maybe if it were being applied to hundreds of individual objects, but it's designed as a background shader to be applied to a single window-sized object (although it could easily be adapted). To be honest, it's really not a complicated shader anyway - it uses simple maths and samples 3 points per pixel. Bearing in mind that CF2.5 is limited to using a 15 year old pixel shader model, most compatible shaders are not going to pose a problem for modern graphics cards.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast