User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm looking for a cross-processing shader

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking for a cross-processing shader

Hey guys, I recently recorded some longplay of my game for my musician and played around with some shaders on Youtube. I stumbled upon a thing called cross-processing, which is a special processing thechnique ind film and photography to enhance color contrasts and make photos appear more vivid and interesting. I think it teints blue tones to dark and green areas while hyper-saturating colors in the red and yellow spectrum as well as teinting yellow tones to bright areas. Thats my guessing, but as you see I don't exactly understand how it works. Is there any way available to achieve something like this in Fusion? I tried a lot of available pixel shaders today including overlays and vivid light options as well as changing channel depths but I was not able to achieve the effect this this way, as the shader would probably need to apply different effects dependent on a pixel's color. Here are some examples:

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I love those effects!

Cross Processing isn't the actual term. It's post-processing in the development world. The Cross Processing was the physical, tangible way of achieving the effect by dipping the film. In shader land, it would be a Cross Processing effect.

To get these types of effects in shaders *is* possible but you would need to know HLSL (higher level shader language) to create these. I've tried and studied in the past but I've never found time to convert over other DX shaders, it's just far too time consuming but hopefully someone will have to time to draft this up for you. It is possible, it's just a lot of work, for someone who isn't experienced with shaders.
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the clarification, Danny, highly appreciated! I'm not able to do it myself, that's clear, and another important factor would be performance. I imagine a complex shader like this would put a significant load on the GPU. If someone is interested in this task I'm sure we can work something out in case of a development budget, just shoot me a mail! I would need to apply this to the whole game frame, not individual objects or layers. This shader would then be given to the community for free use, or sold on the Clickstore, depending what the creator wants.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    crossshade2.ZIP

shader works with gradient image.
    It just bw gradient with some curve efect on red and green channels.
    RED:
    redc.jpg
    GREEN:
    greenc.png
    you can play with this to change effect. its faster than programming curves by code.

look at cross.png in attachment. and sample mmf.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot @mihailsh !! That looks very promising, I'll fiddle around with it!

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to be blunt, but can't you just "bake" this effect into the image files you're using for the game (unless you need to sometimes turn it on and sometimes turn it off at will)? If you intend to use this effect for the entire duration of the game, it may be easier to bake this effect into background/sprite graphics than to use the shader as it will use less resources.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darkhog Look at example. It use shader. You can on/off and etc. on background. On Active or others. Additional 1D image need for fast compute. Its can be only 64x1 image. Size depends on effect precision.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    crossshade3.ZIP

some fixes - added alpha channel in pixel shader. Now it works with transparent images.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mihailsh : You are a genius man, just had to tweak the gradient image a little bit and got EXACTLY what I wanted Performance is also very good! Thanks so much for sharing this, you should put it in the Clicktstore for sure!
    @Darkhog : I'm in theory a big fan of this approach, but it needs careful planning in advance, which I did not do and it's impossible for me to tweak hundreds of assets at this point of development.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One nice thing about doing things like this as shaders is that you can actually make them optional in your game's settings. Just something to consider if you want to take full advantage of what you can do with the fact that you're using a shader to do it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast