User Tag List

Thread: Spriter to Clickteam Fusion: Need import help

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spriter to Clickteam Fusion: Need import help

I want to take a sprite from Spriter into CtF 2.5. I see there is a beta: Spriter Object Extension by conceptgame, but the info is just so sketchy.

Can anyone walk me through how to export my Spriter charicter and load it into Clickteam Fusion?

Any additional info would be greatly appreciated after import.

Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guyon,

I supposed you saw these videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-D1PPxKNEM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7AS2BX5Qgo

They are without any comment. Here is a small explanation:
    There are 3 ways to import sprites in Spriter object in CF2.5: external (current folder of scml file at edit time, current folder of application at runtime), from one single animation and direction of an active object (internal) and from one animation but different directions of an active object (internal). Spriter is following a tree structure with folders and files to identify the sprites.
    1. With the first solution, it will simply load directly external files from the current active folder (current folder of scml file at edit time, current folder of application at runtime).
    2. With the second one it will suppose that all sprites are sorted and put in the right sequence in an active object in one animation and one direction as frames: Folder0File0, Folder0File1, Folder0File2, Folder1File0, Folder1File1, ...
    3. The last solution is to sort all sprites with direction (of an active object) representing one folder. Folder0File0 to Folder0File2 in direction 0, Folder1File0 to Folder1File1 in direction 1.

To avoid too complex import, it is exactly what the tool is asking when you load a new scml file. It will copy sprites and prepare them for import in CF2.5 to use solution 2 or 3 in an active object.
    In other words, the process is the following for solution 2:
    - add a spriter object in CF2.5
    - load scml file, answer yes for copying sprites and no for ordering sprites per Folder. it will create a CF2.5 Folder in the same folder as scml file
    - add an active object used as a library
    - import the sprites easily using the sorted sprites from second step
    - you can then use your spriter object

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going step by step.

Loaded Spirter Object
    load scml file to it

Stuck here:
    Is "add an active object used as a library" the same as the normal active object? Becuase when I did and imported it I got all the single picture. and I do not see a normal active obbject on your tutotial.
    can you plase expland you eplanaiton on this step?

I found the CF2.5 Folder

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, an active object is an active object. You need to create on that will reside off-frame and act as a repository for the Spriter animations.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But when I import the sprites inside the active object I just get a big collection of separate body parts not a full sprite.

I would love a clear tutorial on this, but any help is graciously accepted

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The active object role is just to store all the sprites needed for your spriter object(s). It is used as a library of sprites. Once you have done this, you can use the action of the Spriter object to load all sprites from this active object. It can look like that it is complicated but it brings a lot of flexibility. You can import only some of the sprites in the active object if you are only using few animations of the spriter object. You can change the Spriter file and load sprites from another active object to have a completely different character. And if you find this too complicated, you can still use the action to load sprites externally and it will load them automatically from the current folder at start. It is up to you the way you want to use the object.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please check out this new video. Hopefully it will help.
    https://youtu.be/eS2n0CyE3WI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrashMonkey View Post
    Please check out this new video. Hopefully it will help.
    https://youtu.be/eS2n0CyE3WI
    Thank Mike
    This was a superior example

*SOLVED*