User Tag List

Thread: How to do demoscene effects in fusion?

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to do demoscene effects in fusion?

Things like "wavy image", warping and so on. Preferably without having to resort to shaders (if only Fusion would have node-based shader editor - that's literally the only part of it that's not visual and it could've been as Unreal and now Unity shows).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The overlay object, magnifying object, text blitter object is the only thing which would come close. Shaders are the only way. Or use a real demo maker which is geared up for all this.
    Fusion isn't really geared up for 3D stuff or handling procedural textures. Maybe something in the next version will handle this.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, I'm looking only for 2D demoscene stuff (think c64 and early Amiga demos). And it's to be used in games so I won't have to bake everything as an AVI and waste space.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's easy to do in Fusion, though a little time consuming
    I made this for a 20 event game compo a few years ago.
    I haven't experimented with images, though I suppose it should be possible to make something similar with images without too much hazzle.

Sourcecode: http://klikgamer.com/downloads/amiga_style_intro.zip

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. I wonder how can I "slice" an object into a 1px bars (either vertical or horizontal) to do wavy image effect, like this:

You can see that the images at the beginning have a tiny bit of scanline wobble to them as they show up. The only way to do this in CF is to cut images into small bars and having that many actives wouldn't be good for the engine (not to mention preparing the images...). Maybe surface? Then again, I have no idea how to use Surface to do this.