User Tag List

Thread: Player reaction animation triggered by Active Object?

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Player reaction animation triggered by Active Object?

Hi there!

I am using the basic Platform movement for my Player. He walks and jumps fine for my basic needs - I'm making a chill, exploratory platform puzzle adventure, no attacks or enemies or dying.

At certain spots in the frame, I want to force the Player to stop and play a "reaction animation" -
    for example, you are walking past something in the background - you overlap a hidden trigger - which plays a short animation of the Player looking at and reacting to the thing in the background. Once that animation is finished playing, normal movement would be restored. I do not want the Player to be able to move during the animation playback. I would also like this to only happen the first time the Player hits that trigger. I suppose destroying the trigger after the animation plays would accomplish that.

I'm still learning how the Event Editor works - I'm not a coder and after trying many different (supposedly no-coding required) game making apps, I am finally able to make things happen with Fusion 2.5!

A general question about the Events Editor - when you create a condition and select the drop-down options in the Objects grid - if you have multiple actions - for example, Stop Player Movement (on trigger overlap), then Play an animation, then Restore normal Player movement - do you just select each option within that "Object checkbox" (in proper order) to run them? Or do you have to create a new condition for each action? Do multiple actions added to that checkbox grid happen sequentially in the order they are listed? Or...?

Any wisdom and assistance would be much appreciated!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! There's a few ways you can stop player input, I'm assuming the event is triggered by overlapping or colliding with the hidden trigger?

If you're using the built-in platform movement, you can create an action under the "Player 1" object (the icon that looks like a joystick) in the event editor to ignore the player's control (Player 1 > Player Control > Ignore Control). You can restore the player's input here as well (either after the animation finishes, or using the timer object to trigger an event after an amount of time)

If you're using the "Platform movement object", there's options to pause and unpause player movement, which will stop the player from moving, in the object itself

You can also have the event only happen the one time by either destroying the trigger, or adding a sub-condition "Run this event once" under Special (gearbox icon) > Limit Conditions > Run this event once

Here's an example

LGDB1Uq.png

Hope this works out!

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! The example picture of the actual Event Editor is a huge help with getting the hang of this thing! It's hard to tell sometimes where in the program things are supposed to go, and how they are supposed to be input. I appreciate the extra help!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a quick demo showing how to do what you're trying. Run the player into the dark green leaves on the right to trigger the message. It will only happen once.

JungleGuy.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! Thank you!