User Tag List

Thread: Space Invader Enemies Speed help

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Invader Enemies Speed help

Hello. First off, I am sorta new to MMF2.5 version and still learning the concepts of how all this works. I need some help understanding something first before we get into the tutorial of Space Invaders game. I see some people use + and > to indicate in the editor what to insert I believe, and excuse me for asking but is + mean what to insert in the same condition ,and is > mean what to check in the boxes? It would help me better understand if someone is telling me what to put in. My mind isn't sharp like it used to be.

Am I right on this? In the space invaders original they had it when you shot the enemies they would gradually speed up. How would I accomplish this?

Thanks ahead of time.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperspazzMan View Post
    Hello. First off, I am sorta new to MMF2.5 version and still learning the concepts of how all this works. I need some help understanding something first before we get into the tutorial of Space Invaders game. I see some people use + and > to indicate in the editor what to insert I believe, and excuse me for asking but is + mean what to insert in the same condition ,and is > mean what to check in the boxes? It would help me better understand if someone is telling me what to put in. My mind isn't sharp like it used to be.
    Am I right on this?
    I dont use this notation and so I am not sure, but I think that with + you refer to Event Conditions and with > to the Event Actions to do,
    It is very intuitive if compared with the Event List Editor

listEditor.png listEditor2.png

+ X position of "Active" > 40
    + X position of "Active" < 0
    > Set X position of "Active" to 20

In the space invaders original they had it when you shot the enemies they would gradually speed up. How would I accomplish this?

Thanks ahead of time.
    Space Invaders was my first tutorial free exercise, I try to made it all by myself without using the built-in invaders movement.
    To change the speed of the aliens I used a function based on their number.
    Supposing I start with 40 aliens I start with a nominal speed of 1, when they are eliminated one by one their speed increase to a maximum of 10 when only one alien survive.
    So I tried some functions between this two points (X = numbers of aliens,Y = speed of aliens) -> Start(40, 1) -> End(1, 10). I used Linear function, Parabolic and Hyperbolic functions, and choose the one I like the most in game. You can use other functions and with more than only two points, adding other speed conditions in the middle of the aliens carnage.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey 10mbra1. Thanks for the reply. I will have to try this. See how it works. Thanks for the images.. That helps a great deal!

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried what you suggested and it didn't work. Any other ideas? Also I need to figure out why my red ship that goes across the screen doesn't loop. I also tried to set that on a timer for every so many seconds have the ship start and it doesn't work. So those are my two main problems for now.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperspazzMan View Post
    I tried what you suggested and it didn't work. Any other ideas? Also I need to figure out why my red ship that goes across the screen doesn't loop. I also tried to set that on a timer for every so many seconds have the ship start and it doesn't work. So those are my two main problems for now.
    Probably it is dependent on your custom movement system, I had your same problems recreating Space Invaders and solved them trying different solutions based on my personal game design, so I dont have a different idea/solution on your problems.
    I used Global Values to store the aliens velocity and other informations, such as number of enemy and movement direction (1 or -1, so I can use the expression "Set X = X + Velocity*Direction).
    All aliens move in the same directions with the Global Velocity setted, if one of them reach the left or right border I simply reverse the sign of the direction (from 1 to -1) and so on. Every N bounces I set a Y factor to all aliens to descend a little step towards the player.
    And then the velocity change, every cicle I reset the Global Value based on aliens number and a function V=f(N) my experiments are these:
    InvadersMovement.jpg
    This is my solution for my game, and I am sure that it is not very performant, but for my exercises it works.
    I write this just to share, because I dont know how to solve your problems, I just write because sometimes writing can light up some ideas, I'm still learning, and share and try is the base of learning.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

10mbra1 Thanks for the response. I will give your solution here a try. I do have it where it is on space invaders for movement and to automatically handle speed increase. Maybe I am trying two of the same things at once in the editor and in the properties for the movement. Maybe that is why I am having that issue. It is worth a shot either way. Thanks again. Appreciate the diagrams... That helps a lot like I mentioned before.