User Tag List

Thread: Having trouble loading from an array

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having trouble loading from an array

I'm making a flexible inventory system. It's a grid-based system that snaps items to the slots in the grid and has strings below the slots showing the item names. I have a bunch of variables that I can adjust like number of rows, columns, slot size, padding, etc. I have it set up so that it matches an array file. So every slot in the grid of the inventory represents a cell in my array. When I move an item around the inventory, I record the item name in the array. Then when I want to load the array file, I would start a fastloop to go through the array and check the cells to see if there's a name written. If so, use that name and the "create object by name" action to create the appropriate object.

I'm having difficulty trying to destroy all the items in the inventory and clearing all the strings before loading the objects. All the inventory items are in a qualifier group, so I thought I could just destroy the qualifier group and set the string to nothing, since all the strings are instances so it would affect all of them. But when I try to do that and then load my array, I'm getting weird results. Only one of the objects is destroyed and another object doesn't seem to load. I tried checking the array file and it seems to be writing to the array fine. So I believe there's something wrong with my loading.

I've attached my .mfa file, so hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a mean one. Fusion doesn't like you to start a fastloop in the same event where you're destroying objects, so what you need to do is to create another event just below the "Upon pressing L" event. Copy the condition from the other event and move the Start loop action down to the new event. This will fix your problem

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you popcorn, that fixed it. I wonder why Fusion doesn't like to start fastloops in the same event when you're destroying objects, sounds like a bug. I know I've run into this problem in the past too, it's nice to know the workaround.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I assume it has something to do with the object selection getting messed up, and there's probably no easy fix for it. It would be nice to get an explanation from @Yves or someone else at clickteam, though