User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Game Launcher Creator - Official Thread

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Version 1.5 has now been officially released. It's a major update and will pave the path for easier and better integration of new features in the future.

ClickStore purchasers should follow this link and the instructions. Your serial will work with this installer.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @Danny ! Curious about what the roadmap looks like beyond 1.5. Just off the top of my head, a few features I'd love to see:

• Install-type functionality that allows files to be moved to different folders, such as AppData, from the game's main folder (would also sync well with the update function). What I have in mind with this is that various distro portals like itch.io, Kartridge, and Steam don't support Fusion's built-in setup files, so getting initial data files where they're supposed to go can be tricky. If the launcher handled this it would be a huge help!
    • Media carousels to scroll through images/cloud images/videos/etc.
    • Multi-game support, so one launcher can launch/update multiple games from one studio
    • Pages and Popups: Useful for implementing separate web view screens or loading in server queries, screenshot galleries, etc.
    • Links: Just in case we want a website to open in a dedicated browser window or need to run a simple URL script, such as social media sharing.

The install functionality in particular is a must-have feature, for me at least, as I've been wracking my brain trying to get Fusion to dodge around user privileges that don't let the application write to the AppData folder, because Fusion apps do not come with Write permissions enabled by default, which can mess up the game for some players.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hey @dsilvers - apologies for the delay, I don't get many notifications from this forum.

The roadmap is ever-evolving for GLC and I'm always open to new ideas and suggestions to make it the best product I can.

The Install-type functionality, I would have to take a long look at to see if I could map it into GLC. If you could provide me with a mock example, it would help me understand better.

Media Carousels is certainly something I would like to develop into it.

As for Multi-game support, it already features this. You can launch multiple executables from within GLC (unlimited infact). I will be integrating a feature in the next month or so that will allow you to retrieve dynamic paths from the registry.

Pages and Popups, in the next update (due out within the next week) there is a new WebView object going in, allowing you to integrate pages/websites etc. directly into the launcher.

For server-queries, this is already possible natively with Game Launcher Creator. It features a server-side query object, which will allow you to communicate via PHP/SQL and bring data into the launcher in real-time.

With regards to links, this is also possible with GLC. You can choose to open webpages (such as FB/Twitter/Websites/Forums) with the click of a button.

Hope this helps, let me know your thoughts. I also have a Discord channel here which you can join and liaise with me more frequently.
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Version 1.6 now available!

Featuring a brand new WebView object (display websites/pages directly in your launchers) and a new auto-update option.

You can update via the Update GLC link inside the software.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice update!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks @Tisnart - Will move onto the next update in just a couple of weeks. I plan to integrate a new object and re-write GLC so it's multi-language!

Any suggestions welcome...

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Version 1.6.4 Released today - major UI overhaul and some performance updates.

You can update inside GLC by clicking Check for Updates.

If you don't own Game Launcher Creator, you can check it out at https://gamelaunchercreator.com

Clicker

Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For game that are not too large in size - can this be used as a patch system? Ie: If a new version of a game is detected give the player the option to download it?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hey GamesterX23,

Yes certainly. The built-in update system is made just for that!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2