User Tag List

Thread: Adding DLC to a game?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Adding DLC to a game?

Hello fellow clickers, I was wondering about clickteam and DLC.
    Iíve wanted to make a DLC for a game but Iím not sure how to do it.
    Iíve done patch maker (which is alright) and some other suggestions but what I want is for it to download in the game and then add new content (without content already being in it)
    Does anyone know how I could do this?
    Thanks.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    up .

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to know this too

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe this : http://clickstore.clickteam.com/game_launcher_creator

could help; it contains an updater. It's been released by Danny from Clickteam , unless I'm mistaken

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are different scenarios for this:
    If it is a Windows only game or multiplatform game, it makes a big difference of course.
    Here are the different ways I have in mind:
    - patch maker as you mentionned but it is only really useful if you can perform iterative upgrade and not multiple DLC contents
    - game engine so designed that you are loading external or embedded files (sprites, text, game logic) at startup or on the fly
    - use binary file extensions to extend a single exe file game with DLC content or add it to a data folder or package. It is a small variation of the second point but it let you have a game engine less complicated.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by therickman View Post
    Maybe this : http://clickstore.clickteam.com/game_launcher_creator

could help; it contains an updater. It's been released by Danny from Clickteam , unless I'm mistaken
    I’ve been wanting to check this out but sadly i don’t have money to spare right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by conceptgame View Post
    There are different scenarios for this:
    If it is a Windows only game or multiplatform game, it makes a big difference of course.
    Here are the different ways I have in mind:
    - patch maker as you mentionned but it is only really useful if you can perform iterative upgrade and not multiple DLC contents
    - game engine so designed that you are loading external or embedded files (sprites, text, game logic) at startup or on the fly
    - use binary file extensions to extend a single exe file game with DLC content or add it to a data folder or package. It is a small variation of the second point but it let you have a game engine less complicated.
    I like the sound of the binary files, I’ll try expirement with them and see what sort of stuff I can do.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there is a way to do it, but I just build a new executable that has the content, and update the game's web page with this new executable, replacing the old one.