User Tag List

Thread: Q: How to input a text with a Controller?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Q: How to input a text with a Controller?

Hi,
    I'm here for another question/idea.
    My little game project is always the same for the people who helped me the previous time, and i Thanks You Very Much, the game is at a good point thanks to you all.

Now the ToDay Question,
    the game is meant to be an "entertainment" during an exposition in the Netherlands, my brother wants to use the game as an advertising, you make a good score and you win a prize from our company at the end of the day.
    So I used the Hi-Score Extension, it is good and you can check when to compare the score, insert new score etc...
    During the exposition the game will be probably played with a XBox360 controller to hide the keyboard away from people, so I added this type of control for the main player.
    And here I have the problem, how can I input a string text using only the controller?
    I need a name for the winning player, with keyboard is obviously trivial ... I am thinking on different solutions like using an array or a grid to select each letter.

I only ask for some ideas on how you would solve this problem. I dont need a coded example, just some ideas to be shared.
    Thanks to all.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can move a pointer over some letters (actives), and press button, which then adds the letter to the string