User Tag List

Thread: Is there a way to see if it's the first time someone runs your game?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a way to see if it's the first time someone runs your game?

As the title reads, I was wondering if there was a way to check if it's the first time
    a player runs your game. If there is, please let me know.

Thanks in Advance,
    Ari

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can make it using array. Start of frame=> counter1=0 =>Show text then(counter1 set 1, save value to array). Start of frame load value from array and set counter1 to 1

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep!

There are multiple ways to do it, as Emol99 explained a way to do it using an array, but the way I would do it is have an Ini object check to see if there's any data written in the save file.

To do this, you first set the save file (using the Ini object) to whatever you want the save file to be named, then have a counter set itself to ItemValue("Ini","first time") (it doesn't have to be "first time", it could be anything you want, just make sure that it's the same in both the loading and saving process.) If zero, it's the first time booting up the game, and have the game do whatever you want it to do the first time you boot it up. After you've done whatever it is you want upon the first bootup, have the Ini object "Set value (Item)" "first time" "1"

Then, next time the game's booted up and it sets the counter to "first time", it'll be set to 1, as that's what's written in the save file. If that counter is equal to 1, have it skip past the bootup sequence.

Although the way Emol99 did it is probably simpler, this is just the way that I do it. I have very little experience with arrays, so I use the Ini object.

Sorry if what I've said is confusing. If you can't understand what I wrote, follow Emol99's method. There's more than one way to the same destination, after all.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanna thank both of you so much for your help! I really appreciate it.

Thanks again,
    Ari

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    engine supports ftp, sql and can grab user information. (afaik OS-object)
    so theoretically you can generate file wich contains user pc information, playtime, scores etc. and upload file to server wich have web-interface.