Thread: Hey, apologies if this is a dumb question buttt

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, apologies if this is a dumb question buttt

Hi all

I am having a bit of trouble. I originally was going to have my weapons setup more or less like this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2p3r80nkdr...202-5.mfa?dl=1

Sadly, after this was almost satisfactory, I realized I wanted my ammunition values to be global, so players could indeed buy/find more, and also it would encourage them to be more careful with their aim. So I started work on this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9arjq29nv4...PRIME.mfa?dl=1

Each specific weapon fire is supposed to have its own attributes such as speed, damage, etc as well. I am not sure how to make my ammo counter sync to the currently selected weapon. Furthermore, I do not know how to inhibit fire with a global value in place of my former alterables respectively in the first mmf linked, of STARTER AMMO and AMMO DRAIN.

I’m aware not all navigation buttons work, the key thing here is CORE HUB LEVEL. I would appreciate any advice. Thank you very much in advance!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #1; you dont really need 2 objects to hold the data ( starting ammo, and drain) - just ammo will be fine; you can add and subtract from the 1 counter which will save headaches.
    #2; you can make that object GLOBAL to the application, its a checkmark under runtime options of the properties of that object. - if you check that - by dropping the object in other frames, it will carry the values across the whole application.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for your reply. I did some playing with making actives global. Though it did not accomplish what I intended, this will be a useful feature going forward. I took out the WEAPON DRAIN and STARTER AMMO actives. They were there because they were able to govern ammo available at the start of each level (which would be nice if it was variable at times, but usually consistent with what the player has stocked up), and to govern how much a certain weapon drains upon firing. (The machine gun uses bullets more rapidly then the pistol, the red grenades cost more grenades to throw, the energy weapons all use cells).

I added global values for each type of ammunition. I added a new active that closely matches the name on the global value. I wish i could make it match perfectly but you cannot re-use identical names.

Do I call them like this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lipx3ya5sn0z90q/help.mfa?dl=1

I am really lost :/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you need sync values(all frame) of 'WEAPON SELECT' active, I know 2 way

1. save values to array, and load

2. may you want to jump 4frame~20frame(storyboard controls),
    a. check [GLOBAL OBJECT] of 'WEAPON SELECT' active
    b. add 'WEAPON SELECT' active to all of jumping frame(4frame~20frame)
    c. check [Create at start] of 'WEAPON SELECT' active, and never destroy(or more create) 'WEAPON SELECT' active
    > You can use values of 'WEAPON SELECT' active as global values.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some progress, but still feels like its not quite right

Thank you both for writing in. Sadly I am still htting my head over this.

I have done a revamp, which has fixed most things, but it is still not satisfactory. I still need a clearer explanation on how I can restrict fire if the player is under a certain amount of ammunition. I had attempted to use the ->counter > 0 method in the shooting event, but that caused ALL weapons to cease fire when one hit 0, and lock into 0, not just for the one that was being used.

Additional problem with this revamp is that for some reason now it doesn't update the ammo counter with the selected weapon until selected weapon is fired. I really am getting more and more lost with this, I do appreciate all of you trying to help though.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nw1111112aaa.mfa

I'm tried some fix & ATTACH mfa file to image.(It's work? I'm find attach to Reply so long time)

many of problem is no real right answer, but I don't recommended 'WEAPON CHANGE' as COUNTER.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    most important thing is values, and COUNTER would be better to shows only values(after effect).