User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Performance decrease with DX 9

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexexhowl View Post
    afaik -vania games have a huge maps, and it runs on gba, ps, ds without lags so.
    They are built on rooms though, you enter the doors and they build the new room.

I've always wondered how the best way to do a big open map/frame in fusion is. But I suppose if your active objects get inactive if they are out of frame it should free enough memory and cpu?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    They are built on rooms though, you enter the doors and they build the new room.

I've always wondered how the best way to do a big open map/frame in fusion is. But I suppose if your active objects get inactive if they are out of frame it should free enough memory and cpu?
    i believe so, especially is you have X17600 * Y13200 and about 30k backdrop objects (and this is without counting active objects ( wich must have behiavours )
    also i've realized something similiar prototypes and i think, loading chunks of levels once per request possible in Clickteam Fusion.

https://twitter.com/xenosoftware/sta...49274177757184
    https://twitter.com/xenosoftware/sta...23737499860994
    https://twitter.com/xenosoftware/sta...22156050219013

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh wow really dope stuff!!
    Great find my friend

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That seems like a great example of dynamic loading by Kisguri.

@Julian82 : does this example differ from your approach? I am curious if there is a “better” way to handle large levels.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mobichan : I think if you want a real open area you have to employ dynamic array loading. My efforts in this topic were pretty basic and in the end I cut everything into rooms. I think the array method is very complex to handle for games with sophisticated tile sets and multiple layers. Another thing important would probably be to scope the data accesses very well, and maybe work with multiple smaller arrays instead of one giant.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    @mobichan: I think if you want a real open area you have to employ dynamic array loading. My efforts in this topic were pretty basic and in the end I cut everything into rooms. I think the array method is very complex to handle for games with sophisticated tile sets and multiple layers. Another thing important would probably be to scope the data accesses very well, and maybe work with multiple smaller arrays instead of one giant.
    yep, for advice: you can calculate player xy position and convert it into cell xy. ( you can find example xable fusion site, i believe it's calling zelda or block scrolling) and load array file (for example, room_x_y.arr) relative to player x,y coordinates.
    damn, it's very interesting concept, i hope, someday i realize it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to take into account backdrops are handled differently in dx9, they have the same performance drop as active objects, I found that around 1000 objects on screen will drop perfomance quite a lot, even if they are backdrops. In standard backdrops are great for perfomance, in dx9 they are mostly useless, with almost no difference to active objects.

Edit: Also in Dx9 backdrops count towards the object count, it is not displayed in the counter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2