User Tag List

Thread: Hordelands - Level Editor / Game

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Hordelands - Level Editor / Game

Howdy!

I've been developing this level editing tool / game lately. I started working on it during the last fall, first making the saving / loading feature with really bare UI. I've been improving the save/load events recently, and adding a game part to it.

The editor tool is still not finished and there are some bugs, but it's now at the point where people can test it out and create new levels with it.

https://rayharry.itch.io/hordelands

The actual game part is still pretty lackluster and unfinished. You can just roam around the maps and shoot the enemies. It would be interesting to hear if you can get the editor to work, especially maps being loaded and saved properly.

A quick tutorial:
    - First set a name for the level in the Editbox.
    - Then click the "New File".
    - Or alternatively click "Load File" and continue a previously made level.
    - Add objects into the level with the sprite editor.
    - Click "RUN THE GAME" to start the game frame.

There's more controls in the Debugging text file.

Future updates will include saving the Quicksave items into a separate .sav file, not into the map. I'm trying to build the foundation and tools before adding any detailed gameplay features.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can we do anything when there is no mfa, just a exe?

Thanks,
    Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works fine for me!
    @nivram : The .exe is the level editor, with an option to run what you've made^^

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    Works fine for me!
    @nivram : The .exe is the level editor, with an option to run what you've made^^
    I was just going to comment the same thing myself, thanks The .MAP files in the package are test levels that have been made with the editor.

As for the behind the scenes "magic"; I've used INI and File Objects to handle the creation of the map files. The sprites are generated with "Create object by name" function, drawing the right sprite number from the sprite selector.

I've also used Looki's MegaShaderPack, so that combined with the File object pretty much makes this a Windows-only program Without the special effects, it could be ported to Mac and Android, as File Object luckily supports these platforms. GooglePlay apps cannot contain anything else besides the .apk, so the .map files would have to be generated in-game, and then loaded later.

This whole save/load function also supports free saving and quicksaves, although those are still work in progress.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't make changes to the exe file without the mfa that was used to make the exe file.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nivram View Post
    You can't make changes to the exe file without the mfa that was used to make the exe file.

Marv
    I'm gonna develop this into a commercial game later, so I won't be putting this mfa up for download I'm interested in hearing if the editor works overall, with the saving and loading. I've only tested it on my own computer and at my friend's place, and like with most Fusion programs, the experience does vary from user to user.

Although, I am planning on creating a tutorial for this later, with template graphics and all. The events are too messy to be used as a Fusion programming showcase right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is now also an MFA project released of this editor!
    https://clickstore.clickteam.com/hordelands

I'm interested to see if someone else finds use for this code too You can read my blog post about the release here: https://rayharry.itch.io/hordelands/...s-mfa-released

PS: It requires Looki's shaderpack to work, with Photoshop effects and all.