I've been developing this level editing tool / game lately. I started working on it during the last fall, first making the saving / loading feature with really bare UI. I've been improving the save/load events recently, and adding a game part to it.
The editor tool is still not finished and there are some bugs, but it's now at the point where people can test it out and create new levels with it.
The actual game part is still pretty lackluster and unfinished. You can just roam around the maps and shoot the enemies. It would be interesting to hear if you can get the editor to work, especially maps being loaded and saved properly.
A quick tutorial:
- First set a name for the level in the Editbox.
- Then click the "New File".
- Or alternatively click "Load File" and continue a previously made level.
- Add objects into the level with the sprite editor.
- Click "RUN THE GAME" to start the game frame.
There's more controls in the Debugging text file.
Future updates will include saving the Quicksave items into a separate .sav file, not into the map. I'm trying to build the foundation and tools before adding any detailed gameplay features.