User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help with camera bug

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Help with camera bug

I have a very annoying issue with my camera. I have a camera where you "grab" the screen with the right mouse button to scroll left or right. It works great, except when you grab the very edge of the screen to the left or right, if you do that the camera "jumps" in a really strange way. Do anyone know how to fix this issue? :/

I have uploaded an example here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iarmduuqiq...Test3.mfa?dl=0

First try to grab the screen and scroll left or right, then try to grab the screen at the very edge to the left or right o see the bug.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have no comp available to try it but is it possible for you to have a small black border at the edges and keep the camera inside that to keep it from being at the very edge of the screen?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You actually intend that the player can click on regions beyond the game frame?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownzilla View Post
    Have no comp available to try it but is it possible for you to have a small black border at the edges and keep the camera inside that to keep it from being at the very edge of the screen?
    That would not be a very good solution I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Wodjanoi View Post
    You actually intend that the player can click on regions beyond the game frame?
    It is a scrolling game so there is regions in the game that is outside what the player can see. I still don't get why this bug is happening though.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I may have been unclear.
    With regions beyond the game frame I mean the black bars that we see in your case when the option 'Fit inside (black bars)' is enabled.

I'm not sure if this a bug or not, but it's definitely strange that those black parts react to mouse input like this, causing the unwanted behaviour.
    Actually it would make more sense if the black space don't recognize any input at all or handle mouse events in the same way than the actual Frame space does.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see it jump, but is this going to be a PC game or Mobile?
    Cause it only happens when it's full screen, and you click on the Black bar.. (which seems to me, that it's outside the playing field), which jumps to that spot.

Anyways... I just 2 active, 1 on each side and have it hidden, when the user clicks or hold mouse/finger. it will slide that way..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you even need Fit inside enabled, @Outcast ?
    In case it's a phone app the Fit inside option in the Window properties is redundant anyways.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    I see it jump, but is this going to be a PC game or Mobile?
    Cause it only happens when it's full screen, and you click on the Black bar.. (which seems to me, that it's outside the playing field), which jumps to that spot.

Anyways... I just 2 active, 1 on each side and have it hidden, when the user clicks or hold mouse/finger. it will slide that way..
    It is going to be a PC game. I don't fully understand what you mean by the 2 actives on each side.

Quote Originally Posted by Wodjanoi View Post
    Why do you even need Fit inside enabled, @Outcast ?
    In case it's a phone app the Fit inside option in the Window properties is redundant anyways.
    It is a PC game. But what does Fit Inside do? I am not sure why I had it enabled and if it was for some reason or other.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually thought that it worked to disable Fit Inside, because I noticed that it works without bugs when running in Fusion if disabeling fit inside.. But if I build the game and run the .exe the bug still occurs, but only on the right side now. And also there is a new bug if having fit inside disabled in the built verson when going all the way to the left and then grabbing the right side where it does not scroll until you move the mouse a good way to the left.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird - I don't see any of these issues.
    You tested this with the example of your first post with the same camera/position setup?
    Disabled Fit inside option and absolutely no difference in comparison with the built version.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast