User Tag List

Thread: Can someone explain the Hue shader param "fHue" ?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone explain the Hue shader param "fHue" ?

I recently found the Hue shader. I started playing around with the fHue param, but it seems hard to understand what values are doing and even what value range is being used. Can someone explain what is being interpreted? And also how to convert from an RGB color space to whatever value the shader is looking for?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used it too and did not really understand it either. I remember the parameter can be set from 0.0 to 3.0, values outside this margin seemed hyper saturated and the result somewhat ugly. It seems to cycle through the color wheel and I had the impression that values near to .0 or .5 had a regular saturation while values like .3 or .7 looked rather washed out. I loved it at first glance but in the end dropped it cuz the performance impact when used on multiple layers was quite heavy and I found the results too hard to control.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. I also found the same +-3.0 range. But I was assuming it would have a similar result to using a hue/saturation shift in Photoshop. I really wish I could control saturation as well as hue but so far I havenít found the way to control that. Luckily I havenít seen an issue yet with performance. I am using it in a town (think JRPG) so it is only an area about 5 screens long with 5 parallax layers.

Overall I would prefer to not use shaders but having double the assets would be a big waste of space.