User Tag List

Thread: Sub Application Pause Menu

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Sub Application Pause Menu

I'm trying to make a Pause Menu using the Sub App to select a frame from my application. I tell the Sub App to pause/resume while my main app is in the alternate state, for example:

Press Enter
    -Pause Application and resume when key "Enter" is pressed
    -Resume Sub App

End of Pause
    -Pause Sub App

But the sub app is always active while my main game is, and becomes paused while the game is paused. This seems to be the opposite of what I'm telling it to do. I've tried using a seperate application for the pause menu in case it was an issue with it being a frame from inside my main game, and have tried building the application to ensure that wasn't the issue. Any ideas? (Sorry I'm inexperienced with sub apps)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't use Pause/Resume. Let's check the Sub App properties:
    - Sub App should not be "Visible at start".
    - Popup Window and Modal should be on.

Event editor for the gameplay frame:
    - Press Enter, Negated Sub-Application Visible -> Restart Sub-Application, Visibility -> Show

Now we'll go to the event editor for the pause menu frame:
    - Press Enter -> Add 1 to Alterable Value A (your "Paused" text)
    - Alterable Value A (your "Paused" text) is Greater Than 0 -> End the Application
    We didn't go with Press Enter -> End the Application, because CF2.5 can and will End the Application right away. By default, in frame objects only load when the frame loads -- nothing happens, because CF2.5 *can't* add Alterable Value A to an object that isn't loaded / doesn't exist.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this, it's almost working as I'd expect now - I was finding with this setup, the main game is losing focus and slowing down dramatically when the frame started, until I started/quit the sub app through the pause. After doing that once it works perfectly until I next restarted. I've corrected this by not creating the sub app at start, and creating it as the pause is called by pressing Enter. (Destroying it at end too as it was adding up the object count). So far this seems to work.

But there is now one other issue though - The sub app is displayed at the top left of my desktop, rather than inside the game's window. The pause/sub app won't work properly if I disable Popup Window, but having it enabled displays it outside of my game's main window. Any ideas?

(It's worth mentioning that I'm using the 'Ultimate Full Screen Object' and the 'Window Control Object' to provide various window sizes and centralize the game window, which could make things more difficult?)