User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Would it be possible to add nested events to f2.5 as an update?

  1. #1
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    elvisish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    626
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Would it be possible to add nested events to f2.5 as an update?

    I know the code base is incredibly old and this would be a real selling point for f3, but would it be possible for f2.5 to get nested events in a future update? I'd imagine it would be difficult to add this at this point in time and backwards compatability would be an issue, but it would certainly bring f2.5 in line with modern event-driven tools.

  2. #2
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    PBarwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I remember rightly from the last time this came up, I think the answer was not. Couldn't this be simulated by having the main condition on a group and then run those events, at the end of which the group closes?

  3. #3
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    elvisish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    626
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PBarwick View Post
    If I remember rightly from the last time this came up, I think the answer was not. Couldn't this be simulated by having the main condition on a group and then run those events, at the end of which the group closes?
    I understand it may be possible, but I'm yet to get my head around how to tackle it in this manner. What about multiple nested events, where event paths fork off into different combinations?

  4. #4
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    PBarwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see an example! I understand what you're describing, maybe my game isn't as complex but I've never needed that so it sounds interesting that yours does!

    Don't worry about an mfa if its easier to explain in text, it's easier to hop on the forums than spin up Windows...

  5. #5
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    elvisish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    626
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PBarwick View Post
    I'd love to see an example! I understand what you're describing, maybe my game isn't as complex but I've never needed that so it sounds interesting that yours does!

    Don't worry about an mfa if its easier to explain in text, it's easier to hop on the forums than spin up Windows...
    Well, when sorting animations, with nested events I would often organize things like:
    ----------------------------------------------
    Code:
    If Not Jumping
             > If Falling         - Play Fall
             > If Not Moving  - Play Stand
                       > If Crouching         - Play Crouch
                                      > If firing  - Play Crouch Shoot
              > and Speed is less than 20 - 
                                     >If Moving             - Play Walk
                                                    > If firing  - Play Stand Shoot
                                     > If Crouching       - Play Crouch Walk
                                                   > If firing  - Play Walking Shoot
              > and Speed is greater than 20
                                      >If Moving             - Play Run
                                                   > If firing  - Play Run Shoot
                                      > If Crouching       - Play Crouch Run
                                                  > If firing  - Play Crouch Running Shoot
                                       
    Else If Jumping            - Play Jump
                                     >If Moving             - Play Jumping Moving
                                                    > If firing  - Play Jumping Moving Shoot
                                     > If firing  - Play Jumping Shoot
    ---------------------------------------------
    That's a pretty bad example, but in practice it helps reduce events and you can figure out where bugs are really quickly. Most of those example events will be hanging off "If Not Jumping" since I won't be playing the majority of my animations whilst jumping. Heck, I had one game where most of my events where all nested after:

    Code:
    If Not On Elevator
    simply because I could then put everything that controlled animations and position for an elevator on an ELSE line and forget about the rest causing any clashing. It just helps keep everything organized and it's much easier to sort things out.

  6. #6
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    TGeorgeMihai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure it is possible, but not "profitable" if you compare the time/programmers needed to edit a big part of CF2.5 core engine, especially since C3 is near the corner

    However, Clickteam could add another edit/view mode for something like:

    Code:
    If "player" collides with "enemy"
    If varPower( "player" ) > varPower( "enemy" )
       → Destroy "enemy"
    
    If "player" collides with "enemy"
    If varPower( "player" ) < varPower( "enemy" )
       → Destroy "player"
    
    If "player" collides with "enemy"
    If varPower( "player" ) = varPower( "enemy" )
    If varHealth( "player" ) > varHealth( "enemy" )
       → Destroy "enemy"
    
    If "player" collides with "enemy"
    If varPower( "player" ) = varPower( "enemy" )
    If varHealth( "player" ) < varHealth( "enemy" )
       → Destroy "player"
    to be viewable as:
    Code:
    If "player" collides with "enemy"
          ↳ If varPower( "player" ) > varPower( "enemy" ) → Destroy "enemy"
          ↳ If varPower( "player" ) < varPower( "enemy" ) → Destroy "player"
          ↳ If varPower( "player" ) = varPower( "enemy" )
                   ↳ If varHealth( "player" ) > varHealth( "enemy" ) → Destroy "enemy"
                   ↳ If varHealth( "player" ) < varHealth( "enemy" ) → Destroy "player"
    So basically the "code" remains the same, but events that start with the same condition to be grouped just to make them easier to read. This is one of the features i miss from when I moved from Construct 2.

  7. #7
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    elvisish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    626
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TGeorgeMihai View Post
    I'm sure it is possible, but not "profitable" if you compare the time/programmers needed to edit a big part of CF2.5 core engine, especially since C3 is near the corner

    However, Clickteam could add another edit/view mode for something like:

    Code:
    If "player" collides with "enemy"
    If varPower( "player" ) > varPower( "enemy" )
       → Destroy "enemy"
    
    If "player" collides with "enemy"
    If varPower( "player" ) < varPower( "enemy" )
       → Destroy "player"
    
    If "player" collides with "enemy"
    If varPower( "player" ) = varPower( "enemy" )
    If varHealth( "player" ) > varHealth( "enemy" )
       → Destroy "enemy"
    
    If "player" collides with "enemy"
    If varPower( "player" ) = varPower( "enemy" )
    If varHealth( "player" ) < varHealth( "enemy" )
       → Destroy "player"
    to be viewable as:
    Code:
    If "player" collides with "enemy"
          ↳ If varPower( "player" ) > varPower( "enemy" ) → Destroy "enemy"
          ↳ If varPower( "player" ) < varPower( "enemy" ) → Destroy "player"
          ↳ If varPower( "player" ) = varPower( "enemy" )
                   ↳ If varHealth( "player" ) > varHealth( "enemy" ) → Destroy "enemy"
                   ↳ If varHealth( "player" ) < varHealth( "enemy" ) → Destroy "player"
    So basically the "code" remains the same, but events that start with the same condition to be grouped just to make them easier to read. This is one of the features i miss from when I moved from Construct 2.
    I know, I got very used to that way of working and it's a difficult habit to break.

Similar Threads

  1. Nested Foreach loops
    By Pixelthief in forum Fusion 2.5
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 8th June 2014, 05:52 AM
  2. Nested games?
    By joegp in forum Multimedia Fusion 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 6th February 2013, 11:34 AM
  3. nested fastloop question
    By mobichan in forum Multimedia Fusion 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 7th May 2009, 04:21 PM
  4. nested conditions??
    By Melvin in forum Multimedia Fusion 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18th April 2007, 04:46 AM
  5. nested loops
    By westray in forum Multimedia Fusion 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 14th December 2006, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •