User Tag List

Thread: Moving platform on a track

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moving platform on a track

Is there a way I can make 1 instance of a moving platform object, but can be placed on 2 or more tracks with their own track patterns? In other words, Track 1 could be a square, track 2 could be a triangle, track 3 could be an irregular shape, or perhaps just 1 single line. Would I have to use invisible active objects to change the direction the platform is moving, or is there another way to do this to make a platform move along a track?

Like, I don't want to have to make 2 separate moving platform objects. I would like just 1 instance of moving platform in the left corner, and place 2 copies in the editor, and have them move along the track.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, So I have tried making the platforms on tracks movement myself. It seems a bit complicated, but I have some concerns.

I have given the platforms their own individual ID's, and used a fast loop to determine each one of them. However, I fear that If I keep running the fast loops just to determine the individual ID's of the platforms, it would slow the program down? Maybe it was me, but I seem to recall that the more fast loops you have, the slower the program may run? Or was it the more objects on screen that determined the # of fast loops to run? I was trying to avoid using fast loops for this, but it seems it actually does help in separating what platforms are going to do what.

I was able to create these without the fast loops to begin with. However, over time the other platforms kept acting oddly than intended. My concern is, is there any other way that I can reproduce these, but without fast loops? Or are the fast loops a must to check each platform on their own tracks?
    Attached files Attached files