Thread: Interesting curiosity in the animation editor

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting curiosity in the animation editor

Hey all,

So I have been working on my game. I decided to borrow assets as place holders, but they more and more are fitting with the theme and the overall goals of the project.

I am not a graphics artist by any stretch of the imagination. I can touch up photos a little bit, but I have a hard time when I am drawing things from scratch. My time is best served coding/developing. To this end I have made peace with borrowing assets. Eventually if I do try and make this mainstream, it will be adjusted, but my primary concern has been getting this done, and working.

I am also a member of spriters resource. I observed curious behavior though when I tried to pull some of there images for my own use.

So I go to import a new image in the animation editor and I encounter this screen,

If I simply import it as an animation, check result 1, if I do it as a sprite sheet, check result 2, if i do both, check result 3.

import 1.jpg
    result#1.jpg
    result#2.jpg
    result#3.jpg

This is the spriters resource page, if you need that. https://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/30805/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem that arises is its like the converting process is only working partially, I do not know how to fix this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does one go about defining a grid and supplying coordinates? Could you please give a detailed example?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Progress:

When you import from a sprite sheet, you must tick both boxes.

You can then tell the editor to filter between which frames you are pulling.

For example for the Black Soldier in the above sprite sheet, his STOPPED frame goes from 1-12, so he can rotate at 6 angles, and appear as though he is just standing there.

For more movement options you must pull the appropriate frames. So this becomes a little bit more confusing because the succeeding frames are not in the same sequence. For example him walking shows the first frame in all the directions he can walk, and then it loops around until he starts the second sequential. So this will take some rearranging though it is still much easier then creating individual art files for each slight change.

However one problem remains, you must know the exact measurement of the standard frame I think, which I am not sure how to find. Does anyone know how to or if a tool exists to quickly ascertain the information? Otherwise the animation will jump around and even go off the frame.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is best practice to find the largest size any frame might be and make your spritesheet out of cells of that size. This will make it easier to import and sync up the hotspots. Then you crop the images after to minimize the image sizes in CF2.5.